GM and Viper clutch slave same quick connect?

RagunCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. Is the GM hydraulic slave and the gen 2 viper hydraulic slave the same quick connect type? Reason for asking this is i put a Mcleod hydraulic TOB part number 14-302QD in my gen 2 viper t56. The invoice says GM but i well told the guy it's a viper trans etc. Well, the clutch master cylinder doesnt connect to the new McLeod TOB(slave).

I even took the oring off the master's line. I also tried swapping out the little metal clip that holds/released the master's line out from the slave.

Nothing works. I'm going to have to call Mcleod monday morning and see is the deal here.

FYI, there is no fluid in the TOB so that isnt a factor here.

well god damnit.

looks like ill be pulling the trans and truck apart to return it.

thanks for the quick reply sir!

If you have the line that goes to the slave you might be able to do what I did. I didn't want the remote reservoir of the Viper Master but I wanted the Viper slave. I drove out the roll pins holding the SRT line and drove out the roll pins holding the Viper line at the master. I then installed the Viper line in the SRT master being sure to include the little rubber "O" ring. Everything hooked back up and No Leaks. I'm happy.

I talked to Mcleod yesterday. One of their tech's said the quick connect should fit. He wanted me to ship him both lines to see what the issue is and will Make it right. So I am shipping it today.

I just removed the knurled pin in the master to remove the line. I really need to invest in the correct tool for that. It is a pita every time using pliers and a skinny screw.

The viper car uses a metal slave cylinder. The viper truck uses one from the 2500 series truck, plastic, and it is a smaller connection than the Viper's. Also the Viper's master cylinder use a remote tank, whereas the Truck the tank is part of the Master cylinder itself. If you switch to a viper slave then you either have to use their master or modify the line to fit.

Mcleod emailed me today. They said the master wasnt from a dodge viper. I explained to them my buddy who used to work there ordered it through their parts dept. Anyways, they replaced it with the correct line on the master, extended the line, put a new fitting on the slave side and pressure tested. Ill get my stuff next week and ill button the truck up.

I still dont understand how i didnt get a viper master when it worked with my viper slave all these years.

The viper car uses a metal slave cylinder. The viper truck uses one from the 2500 series truck, plastic, and it is a smaller connection than the Viper's. Also the Viper's master cylinder use a remote tank, whereas the Truck the tank is part of the Master cylinder itself. If you switch to a viper slave then you either have to use their master or modify the line to fit.

Good to know, thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back