Gm solenoid

7O7SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on changing the tranny fluid sometime this week and wanted to know about this solenoid..So after a search around the site some guys call it a ''gm style solenoid" ?? is it actually a gm product?? the solenoid that we are talking about is the governor pressure solenoid ??? :dontknow:

It's wise to change the press transducer & the solenoid at the same time. Also might as well do your band adjustments while your pan is dropped. For me the solenoid took away the 1-2 hunt that these POS 48RE have. For other guys they say their shifts firmed up where I felt my had soften up. Seen several discussions that recomend a shift kit if you do the upgrade. If you do a search there are several discussions about the GM Solenoid. Got all my stuff off of eBAY. Good Luck!

I just did a search on the web and found a thread by rare03srt10 that answerd alot of my questions..thanks for info !! :burnout:

I plan on changing the tranny fluid sometime this week and wanted to know about this solenoid..So after a search around the site some guys call it a ''gm style solenoid" ?? is it actually a gm product?? the solenoid that we are talking about is the governor pressure solenoid ??? :dontknow:

I put the GM solenoid in both 10s I've owned and would recommend it. If you know anybody that works in a trans rebuild shop you might ask them what they use. Our local guy said there was another company, I think he said Borg Warner that makes a solenoid that solves the OEM problem and is cheaper to install.

I was planning on just dropping it off at the tranny shop but after the tech drove it he said he would hook it up his diagnostic machine, so i let him known that the truck has a tune and i could put it back to stock in about 15 min so it wouldn't throw codes when he tried to run The diagnostic test..after I told him that he didnt want any thing to do with my truck..he told that everything felt fine and it wouldn't be worth him doing the job..WTF I wish i could turn down $$$... must be nice !!

So i F it ill just do it myself. Band adjustment, change fluid and replace solenoid.

Last edited:
My local trans guy said " No problem, it's the same trans as the diesel uses". I tryed to explain the updates I wanted done. 1 trip down the track and had reverse only, then they got it right the second time.

Since i am unemployed at the moment and was bored out my mind yesterday i decided to adjust the bands changethe filter and fluid to see if this would solve my 1st gear issue ..and save some $$. So I her put back together, fired her and dropped it into drive then to reverse i Could already notice the difference in how much smoother it was. Time for a test drive ..I get about halfway down the street and BANG!!!! OH ****!!!! I JUST BLEW THE TRANNY.. nope the tailgate wasn't closed all the way and dropped open scared the crap outta me:D.. kept driving and the shifting had really smothed out. But while in 1st gear at low rpms the truck studders a little bit, giving it more gas and the problem is gone, it only does this in 1st gear. Can the bands be adjusted any more? ? I backed out the front 1 3/4 turns and 3 full turns on the rear..or is the Borg warner solenoid and transducer the fix?

I put the GM solenoid in both 10s I've owned and would recommend it. If you know anybody that works in a trans rebuild shop you might ask them what they use. Our local guy said there was another company, I think he said Borg Warner that makes a solenoid that solves the OEM problem and is cheaper to install.

Thanks for the GREAT suggestion of the BW solenoid !!! you saved me $100 :rock: I feel like I owe you a beer!!! thanks agian:adore:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back