Go BIG or go home

KyleB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
522-19410_4.jpg

I just ordered a Hoosier 31x16.50 for my CCW wheels. Only 1 tire so far, so I can do some test fitting and make sure I can get these steam roller on here, but I'm pretty sure I can make it work. I'll post pics as soon as I get it!

Be interesting to see how far outside of the body they will be. Good luck, we need more traction.

I know a 15 inch wide tire will fit in there, so I'm guessing a little over an inch on the outside.

I know a 15 inch wide tire will fit in there, so I'm guessing a little over an inch on the outside.

I haven't seen anyone fit a 15" wheel without modifying the suspension and wheel wells. The stock leaf springs can be moved inside the frame rails but a custom fuel tank has to be used. If you have details on doing this without these modifications I would be interested in the details.

I haven't seen anyone fit a 15" wheel without modifying the suspension and wheel wells. The stock leaf springs can be moved inside the frame rails but a custom fuel tank has to be used. If you have details on doing this without these modifications I would be interested in the details.

I think he may be referring to the M&H 390's, 390 divided by 25.4 = 15.35" wide. Although when I had these on my truck they did stick out a bit. With the right offset I do believe they could've been tucked under another inch and still cleared.

On the other hand, if you are referring to an actual rim width of 15" then your right and that isn't going to work.

Scott has 20x13s on his truck that fit without any mods, they have a 15 inch wide Mickey Thompson and they fit flush. Looks great

Last edited:
So much for this... Jegs called me and said that this tire was discontinued!

The 15 inch wide Mickey he is using is for a 20 inch wheel. I'm looking for something a little more streetable than a full blown slick for my 16 inch wheels. I just can't seem to find anything tall enough.

Turns out, one guy buys the entire run of Hoosier Pro Street 16s, and only one size is still in production.

31x12.50x16 - Paid for a set tonight!

I really like Scotts set up, but for those of us that are still running 22's it can be expensive. He says you have to lower your truck ($$$), buy four 20" wheels ($$$) & then buy the Mickey Thompsons ($$$). Like every other 10 owner I always need more traction, but don't want to take a 2nd out on the house to do it.

already lowered the truck, only need fat tires on the rear so hoping to just get 2 rims and 2 tires……………..:burnout:

Back