Going Nitrous, need some info

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so im going with a dual fogger 100 shot wet using one of cody's no2 TB plates, got a no2 tune from torrie on my sct that is coming later in the week. I want to know if there are any mods that i should do to the trans, or anything else before I start spraying. Thanks.

10banger said:
With a 100 shot, your tranny should hold up fine.
I would disagree with this.

I added a ROE, and I toasted my tranny. I went from 373 RWHP to 490 RWHP and my tranny had issues in less than 3 months. I realize this is not the exact same as you are doing....

But there are some who have have added power and had no problems.

My advice is to be prepared to give Dusty at HTS Transmissions a call. You will need his services sooner or later.

tinygiants said:
I would disagree with this.

I added a ROE, and I toasted my tranny. I went from 373 RWHP to 490 RWHP and my tranny had issues in less than 3 months. I realize this is not the exact same as you are doing....

But there are some who have have added power and had no problems.

My advice is to be prepared to give Dusty at HTS Transmissions a call. You will need his services sooner or later.
Was this before or after your rear end change over/tub?

Rickspeed said:
Ok, so im going with a dual fogger 100 shot wet using one of cody's no2 TB plates, got a no2 tune from torrie on my sct that is coming later in the week. I want to know if there are any mods that i should do to the trans, or anything else before I start spraying. Thanks.

depends on what you are doing with the N2O - showing or racing

racing - 1st you must know that spraying on a stock engine it will blow, but with a very small shot, it prob will hold up, but the thing with n20 is this

you want to spray MORE !!!!!!

n2o is like crack in a bottle :D

save your money - build the motor

just my 0.02$

10banger said:
Was this before or after your rear end change over/tub?
This was before the engine build and the suspension work.

I believe the tranny is going to fail prematurely with any power adder or removal of torque management via tuning. The question is how much prematurely. In my case it was in 3 months. Others have lasted much longer after mods. Just be prepared for the potential outcome.

Enjoy the ride,
Dale

tinygiants said:
This was before the engine build and the suspension work.

I believe the tranny is going to fail prematurely with any power adder or removal of torque management via tuning. The question is how much prematurely. In my case it was in 3 months. Others have lasted much longer after mods. Just be prepared for the potential outcome.

Enjoy the ride,
Dale
Very true sir, the more power you add the more problems you are going to run into, if your motor and tranny is not beefed up. It is best to do things right the 1st time, so that you don't run into problems.:)

But with a 100 shot he should be fine on stock internals.....

For a little while anyways.:aetsch:

fatjack has ran a 150 shot for a while now with no problems on a stock bottom end. if anyones was gonna blow his should have by now. keep the bands adjusted and the fluid and filters changed on the tranny it should last a while but like they say its gonna need replacing at some point.

Rickspeed said:
if your gonna do this, do a shift kit first of all, a deeper pan to keep the fluids cool with a quality filter, change out the governor solonoid while you are in there, and adjust the tranny bands

that will keep it alive for a littel while.

the trannys are not designed for nos and the quick ramp up, so without at least a shift kit, she will not last, , and do a service with checking the bands at least every 10k depending on how much you use the gigle juice, oh nad cross your fingers

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
if your gonna do this, do a shift kit first of all, a deeper pan to keep the fluids cool with a quality filter, change out the governor solonoid while you are in there, and adjust the tranny bands

that will keep it alive for a littel while.

the trannys are not designed for nos and the quick ramp up, so without at least a shift kit, she will not last, , and do a service with checking the bands at least every 10k depending on how much you use the gigle juice, oh nad cross your fingers

Bands were adjusted about 10k miles ago when i had the transgo shift kit, and mag-hytec deep pan installed. I also changed the fluid and put a new mopar filter in at that time as well. Is there a better filter than the mopar one, and where can I get the solonoid???

Rickspeed said:
Bands were adjusted about 10k miles ago when i had the transgo shift kit, and mag-hytec deep pan installed. I also changed the fluid and put a new mopar filter in at that time as well. Is there a better filter than the mopar one, and where can I get the solonoid???
you should be good to go then, the mopar filter is good, but next time you change the fluid dothe solonoid , wehn Ya ready to do it holla, I can usually find them cheaper for ya than from oempricing

I spray 150 and haven't had problems,yet. Have about 50 passes on it so far,I agree you need to beef up tranny but it is possible to spray it safely. Always use octane booster or race gas. I did change out band on tranny to a billet-kevlar one.

phxpoolguy said:
I spray 150 and haven't had problems,yet. Have about 50 passes on it so far,I agree you need to beef up tranny but it is possible to spray it safely. Always use octane booster or race gas. I did change out band on tranny to a billet-kevlar one.

where can I get those bands?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back