Going under the knife...

Frosty05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, first day of my vacation, and I took the truck in for a little exhaust nip and tuck.

Still at the shop, had them delete the rear cats, not loud enough yet, so we're chopping off the muffler and gonna leave the resonator.

Should be interesting :burnout:

Why leave the resonator, it's like doing a tummy tuck and just removing the fat and leaving all that excess skin

Left the resonators so I can say "no there's muffler officer" lmao...seriously though, was planning on just removing the rear cats, but thought id have a little fun, and 2 straight pipes was cheaper than having them bend the back section, plus this should help with the drone.

They finished it, sound isn't bad, not too loud at idle, a little higher pitched and more poppy during normal driving, but at wot it's pretty impressive.

Not permanent by any means, putting in a cat back before too long.

Last edited:
After further evaluation, this sounds awful during normal driving.
Don't know if a x pipe would help, but it sounds like 2 ricers fighting it out in a sack.

I don't need a crystal ball to see a cat back in my future

Don't know if a x pipe would help, but it sounds like 2 ricers fighting it out in a sack.

I don't need a crystal ball to see a cat back in my future

Thanks buddy...I read your line about 2 ricers fighting it out in a sack and I started laughing so hard my girlfriend accused me of not taking my meds! :D lol

I've read discussions on here about whether or not an X is worth it...some say no because of the configuration and firing order of our engines, and others say the X is the best thing since cold beer. So you might have to be your own judge. :)

What are you talking about? That thing sounds great. If you want sound like a V-8 buy one

What are you talking about? That thing sounds great. If you want sound like a V-8 buy one

Did I say I wanted a v8? I don't recall that.
You'd have to pry this truck from my cold dead hands.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back