Good advice

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Things we can learn from our dogs:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.

When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Let others know when they've invaded your territory.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout..! run right back and make friends.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.

Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

Yea, dogs pretty much have life all figured out. Wonder why us humans can't seem to get our shit together?:dontknow: The world would be a much better place if we all followed those ideals.

Stretch

amoparman said:
Yea, dogs pretty much have life all figured out. Wonder why us humans can't seem to get our shit together?:dontknow: The world would be a much better place if we all followed those ideals.

Stretch

Don't forget us beer guzzleing apes.:D :p

If reincarnation is possible, I'd like to come back as a dog, and preferrably get adopted by a beer drinking, pizza eatin', fast-ass pick-up driving maniac that lets me ride shotgun with my skull out the window!:rock:

Hamrhead said:
If reincarnation is possible, I'd like to come back as a dog, and preferrably get adopted by a beer drinking, pizza eatin', fast-ass pick-up driving maniac that lets me ride shotgun with my skull out the window!:rock:
With any luck it wont happen in Korea :eek: :eek: :eek:

TheSickness said:
With any luck it wont happen in Korea :eek: :eek: :eek:

Amen to that!!

Our dogs have it made. Always rescue them from the SPCA. Then they live a life of luxury. Even our Pit thinks she's a kid and a member of the family.

Stretch

Makes alot of sense to me.
Lets not forget ..
Lick yourself :D
Have sex with females w/o the whole courting thing.

If reincarnation is possible, I'd like to come back as a dog,
Sounds good but not for me. I'd rather come back as a Eagle..soar around all day ,swoop down and kill my prey, poop on those below me:D :D

Housecats have it the best of all. You get all the same stuff as a dog, food, attention, etc. , but you don't have to do shit for it. That is the life. Just as long as nobody cuts your nuts off on you LOL.

thanks bob that made me feel alot better:)

I unfortunatly had to put down my little girl the other day, she had contracted a heart disease, and the other night it just got to painful to watch her try to live and be happy. Hardest thing I have ever done:(
She had been in our lives for 15 years and was a close part of the family and Stinkers only remaining daughter.

thanks bo, makes me remember why she made me so happy:D

Stinker said:
thanks bob that made me feel alot better:)

I unfortunatly had to put down my little girl the other day, she had contracted a heart disease, and the other night it just got to painful to watch her try to live and be happy. Hardest thing I have ever done:(
She had been in our lives for 15 years and was a close part of the family and Stinkers only remaining daughter.

thanks bo, makes me remember why she made me so happy:D
Sorry to hear that Tony. I know just what you mean about being attached. My bulldog Charlie is one of the kids. I'm starting to worry about him too, he is 8 years old and they don't usually have real long life spans. The pain of losing them is well worth the joy you have while they are with you though. It's actually a little weird how we can become so attached to those little hairy 4 legged pains in the ass, but it is one of the things that convinces me that humanity actually stands a chance.

Condolences to you my Friend.

Thanks pal , I;m feelin alot better today , but Joanne is still ..well... hurting, but time heals... and well maybe beer at the nats.:D

OCBob said:
Sorry to hear that Tony. I know just what you mean about being attached. My bulldog Charlie is one of the kids. I'm starting to worry about him too, he is 8 years old and they don't usually have real long life spans. The pain of losing them is well worth the joy you have while they are with you though. It's actually a little weird how we can become so attached to those little hairy 4 legged pains in the ass, but it is one of the things that convinces me that humanity actually stands a chance.

Condolences to you my Friend.

Sorry Stink about your loss....Bob....you are so right.....our oldest boy is 7 yrs....Bulldogs have very short lifes....8-10 years is about max....and our bullies are now are kids too...:(

Walt

amazing isnt it? anyone that doesnt own one has no idea, then you have those that chain them up and jsut feed them. some people just dont know the love they are missing out on.:rock:

I will not have another dog because of the pain when they die. I just don't want to go through that again.

Bill.

Sorry Bill to here that.

No one lasts forever, but the enjoyment animals bring to my life and what I have seen from other members, I wouldn't know what I would do without them.

I found my cat in the middle of the street. She had survived being hit by a car which left her dazed. After a while she got her balance back and her one retina seemed to attach. Don't get me wrong, she is one of the clumsiest cats I have ever seen and can't protect herself worth a damn, but I will really miss her when she won't be there to greet me at the door when I get home. (No she isn't hungry damn it...)

This is from a person that just had dogs all his life...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back