Good writeup

Those guys would be great if we had LS-1s in our trucks ,lol. While I appreciate the info and the link...what works in an an LS-1 will not work in our V-10s. Please dont' take this as disrespectful but I would defer to Viper builders when it comes down to what will work best for our application.

These V-10s don't make ANY power past 5800 rpms and our cam selection has to take that into consideration. Our big heavy trucks also need big torque down low or all the top end hp in the world is useless.

Big cams simply don't do us any good.

I used to have an LS1 vehicle, and yes, Patrick G is the SHIT!! :rock:

I friend of mine has Patrick's old white 98 SS vert, but I think he's about to sell it. . .

ViperTruck2933 said:
Those guys would be great if we had LS-1s in our trucks ,lol. While I appreciate the info and the link...what works in an an LS-1 will not work in our V-10s. Please dont' take this as disrespectful but I would defer to Viper builders when it comes down to what will work best for our application.

These V-10s don't make ANY power past 5800 rpms and our cam selection has to take that into consideration. Our big heavy trucks also need big torque down low or all the top end hp in the world is useless.

Big cams simply don't do us any good.

I am by no means saying what works in a ls1 will work in a v-10 given everything aside the basic principles are the same. Math is universal !!
Speccing a cam relies on what you have ie ( head flow bore stroke what R.P.M your wanting to turn) you can spec a cam for any app.

Taliban Dan said:
I am by no means saying what works in a ls1 will work in a v-10 given everything aside the basic principles are the same. Math is universal !!
Speccing a cam relies on what you have ie ( head flow bore stroke what R.P.M your wanting to turn) you can spec a cam for any app.
I understand. Didn't mean to sound harsh about it. :D

I'm actually disappointed that a big huge cam isn't practical for us. I'd like my truck to be a lot more lopey than it is now.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back