got a question. need help!!!

2ndchance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i have a buddy that bought a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with a 4.7 in it. a few days after buying it and driving around, he noticed a loud tickingor clicking noise coming from where the transmission hooks to the engine. anyone know what could be causing this noise??? he said oil pressure is good and drives fine. just cant figure out what this noise is and where is it excatly coming from. any help is appreciated.

thanks

2ndchance said:
hey guys,

i have a buddy that bought a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with a 4.7 in it. a few days after buying it and driving around, he noticed a loud tickingor clicking noise coming from where the transmission hooks to the engine. anyone know what could be causing this noise??? he said oil pressure is good and drives fine. just cant figure out what this noise is and where is it excatly coming from. any help is appreciated.

thanks
not sure bud, but tell him to take a piece of heater hose, put one end on the oil pan, ear to other, adn move the hose to different areas, he can localize it that way, usually noise in that area may be a rod bearing, but at least he can get an idea of where the noise is originating, and that will be a start:eek:

he tried that (but tell him to take a piece of heater hose, put one end on the oil pan, ear to other, adn move the hose to different areas, he can localize it that way) and said possible coming from the transfer /crank case??? im not to smart when it comes to these things. he really fustrated so i thought maybe u all could help out.

rod bearing?? its a start i'll let him know. thanks brotha

2ndchance said:
he tried that (but tell him to take a piece of heater hose, put one end on the oil pan, ear to other, adn move the hose to different areas, he can localize it that way) and said possible coming from the transfer /crank case??? im not to smart when it comes to these things. he really fustrated so i thought maybe u all could help out.

rod bearing?? its a start i'll let him know. thanks brotha
it could be the chain in the transfer , hard to tell really , I would have him drop it by a tranny shop and see what they said

thanks. ill let him know. hopfully it wont be to painful for him when he gets the bill

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back