Got Cams in my other car.

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
God forbid I mention my ford mustang on this site with all the L bashing going on....LOL......what happened to the love of all muscle trucks?:dontknow:

Well my project mustang has gone to another level. With the help of two friends I did my first cam swap. I helped with the gatoraide and food runs!! :D :D :D I would never try this without competent help but as with each mod I am learning more and more about working on my vehicles. Its a good day when your hanging with your buddies working on your car.

The cams are Detroit Rockers made by comp cams for brenspeed. They are worth about 30 hp to the rear wheels, stock like drivablility and a really cool old school muscle car sound. They did increase my exhaust volume so much with my long tube headers that I had to change my mufflers to something with more restriction. I went with flowmasters. I love the way it sounds now. Stoplights with visitors in vert rental cars has new joy for me!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJG7H6LuVro

patrick

That sounds great! :rock: :rock: I have always wanted a Mustang, and will probably be getting one of the new 5.0 powered units as soon as i can, as my new daily driver :D

mauiSRT/10 said:
God forbid I mention my ford mustang on this site with all the L bashing going on....LOL......
what happened to the love of all muscle trucks?:dontknow:
Well my project mustang has gone to another level. With the help of two friends I did my first cam swap. I helped with the gatoraide and food runs!! :D :D :D I would never try this without competent help but as with each mod I am learning more and more about working on my vehicles. Its a good day when your hanging with your buddies working on your car.

The cams are Detroit Rockers made by comp cams for brenspeed. They are worth about 30 hp to the rear wheels, stock like drivablility and a really cool old school muscle car sound. They did increase my exhaust volume so much with my long tube headers that I had to change my mufflers to something with more restriction. I went with flowmasters. I love the way it sounds now. Stoplights with visitors in vert rental cars has new joy for me!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJG7H6LuVro

patrick
Always good to hear from you Patrick. As usual it sounds like your having fun....:heeeelllllooooo:

Quick

Thanks guys. I am really enjoying bracket racing this car. Havent won any trophys but I am getting better. I got my reaction times down in the .50-.58 range. I really need to buy DR's. I have been resisting cause it will put me into the 12.9 bracket and I like the street bracket.

FastSRT, the new 5.0, thats gonna run what a low 13 or high 12 off the dealers lot? Man is it a good time for us HP junkies.

patrick

I like that "old" 70 mustang look...nice car...modding is fun whether it be a Ford, Chevy or Mopar...anything else is just Ricearoni..!:rock:

Noticed it was idling a bit high, but noticed that you have an auto trans. It should really sound loopy when you have it in gear and your foot on the brake. Awesome thanks for sharing. :rock:

LitemUp said:
Noticed it was idling a bit high, but noticed that you have an auto trans. It should really sound loopy when you have it in gear and your foot on the brake. Awesome thanks for sharing. :rock:

Points for noticing the small details dude! Yeah with the auto the idle bumps up about 500 rpms. The car was also a lil cool at the time. When the car is warmed up, it idles bout 750-800, when I am crusing real slow (like through my hood) it drops to bout 700 and man is it nasty.:elefant: This is my first cammed car and I am enjoying the hell out of it.

Tnviper, I just got in the mail today a nice blackout panel for the rear deck that really gives it the 70's mach 1 look......:rock:

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back