Got in a little fender bender. Truck ok!!!

jbilledeaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how resistant our front bumpers are to slight impact. I was exiting the interstate, turning right with a honda civic in front of me, we were turning right and it is a yield lane, he began to take off, I was still rolling, I began to look for traffic rolling about 5-10mph, I never noticed the civic slam the brakes, I felt the impact and all I could think is oh well there goes the bumper. After inspecting my bumper all I had was a little scratch, I looked at
the civic and his bumper is all messed up. I was just surprised at how my bumper didn't crack or anything:D

Glad you are OK and there's no damage. I had a similar incident several years ago in PA, 3-5 mph hit on a yield lane. The lady in the other car rolled out of the driver's seat onto the ground screaming about her neck and back. The off duty state trooper in the car behind me told her to get up and move her car out of the travel lane:congrats: :congrats: . My insurance still settled a PI claim for 5k with her, all she had were chiropractor's bills.

Consider yourself lucky:eek: :eek: , go buy a lottery ticket:D :D

labontecsi said:
Glad you are OK and there's no damage. I had a similar incident several years ago in PA, 3-5 mph hit on a yield lane. The lady in the other car rolled out of the driver's seat onto the ground screaming about her neck and back. The off duty state trooper in the car behind me told her to get up and move her car out of the travel lane:congrats: :congrats: . My insurance still settled a PI claim for 5k with her, all she had were chiropractor's bills.

Consider yourself lucky:eek: :eek: , go buy a lottery ticket:D :D
Yea, the guy I ran into didn't even call the police we just exchanged insurance and went our sep ways (i do need that lottery ticket):D

Man! :eek: Glad it was only minor!!!!!!

Demon 8 said:
That could have been pricey...glad it worked ot
I know bro, I was expecting to see the bumper cracked at least where the chin spoiler is, but much to my surprise just a light scratch that I've already buffed out:rock:

500snakz said:
How much is a new front spoiler?
I haven't priced one here at the dealership, but with paint I would imagine it would be around 3k:dontknow:

500snakz said:
How much is a new front spoiler?
$700 for the front fascia and about $300 for paint. More than likely the bumpers lined up perfect with the big metal bumper under the plastic on our trucks.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
$700 for the front fascia and about $300 for paint. More than likely the bumpers lined up perfect with the big metal bumper under the plastic on our trucks.
That price is not to bad:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back