Got my Cal-Tracs Installed

FATJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty straightforward job, but it took a certified mechanic 5 hours and he had it on a lift!! Granted, my mechanic is not the fastest worker between his two telephones and all his walk in customers. The problem was, as most know, the POS stock front bushings you have to remove from the leaf springs. These things are a genuine bitch. BUT, the truck really seems to drive and stop better with these installed, have not gotten it to the dragstrip yet, but the way it was wheel hopping in Panama City, this has got to help. :rock: :rock:

FATJACK said:
This is a pretty straightforward job, but it took a certified mechanic 5 hours and he had it on a lift!! Granted, my mechanic is not the fastest worker between his two telephones and all his walk in customers. The problem was, as most know, the POS stock front bushings you have to remove from the leaf springs. These things are a genuine bitch. BUT, the truck really seems to drive and stop better with these installed, have not gotten it to the dragstrip yet, but the way it was wheel hopping in Panama City, this has got to help. :rock: :rock:
NOTHIN WILL HELP YOU:D

505'sFastestViper. said:
hell yeah i responded to you in another post tellin you thanks you are great jack

Sorry, I did not see it. Thanks to both of you for the good words. Jack & Betty

Don't try to go through one of those automatic car washes with the caltracks on... trust me it doesn't work.

tsmith3 said:
Don't try to go through one of those automatic car washes with the caltracks on... trust me it doesn't work.
I've never had a problem.:dontknow:

Stick passed on a very helpful tip......... drill out the hard rubber and those bushings pop out much easier. Put the new stainless steel ones in the freezer the night before and they popped into place with no problems. It took me and neighbor about 5 or 6 hours to install as well. But we did it in my driveway. I was sore for two days after all that rolling on the concrete! LOL

patrick

Automatic car wash?????????

That is truck abuse without a doubt!

Hey Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!:needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics:

You know better!!!;) ;) ;) :D

Prof said:
Automatic car wash?????????

That is truck abuse without a doubt!

I live on a dirt road now, if I bucket washed it'd be dirty by the time I got to the mailbox:( .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back