Got my first Racing Trophy

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday Nite Summit Sportsman Class at Maui Raceway Park in my 06 Mustang GT with a Roush m90 blower. This was my second competition with the blower installed.

First two qualifying runs were new PB's 12.29 and 12.27 at 112mph.
Elimination rounds:

Round 1, 68 Camaro, 13.70 car
Round 2, 66 Mustang 13.20 car
Round 3, New Camaro SS with headers and CAI, 12.98 car
Round 4, 2000 Trans Am 12.85 car
Round 5, Foxbody mustang 13.75 car

My car was so consistant. When cold I ran 12.29 and 12.27. When slightly warm 12.33 and 12.36. Hot lapping for the final two rounds 12.51 and 12.53. Since it is a dial in format I was able to change my times and man was my car consistant. I even managed to get some really good RTs (.53-.59) when I needed them. I really like being the faster car and playing catch up in the race. I think it also forces your opponent to be on his game cause he knows your gonna come up fast.......ie they red light.

I bought this car cause I never had any success winning in my truck so this win is very special since its my first. I got a nice trophy and $300. Yes I know its a ford but for me I'm a fan of all muscle cars. Gonna apply that prize cash toward a one piece aluminum driveshaft, its 29lbs lighter and should get me that much closer to 11's.

SRT question.......where to buy a cover for my truck for when its parked in my warehouse?

Attachments

• IMG_20110528_141037.jpg
    IMG_20110528_141037.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
california car covers is the only place i've every seen that makes a fitted cover for our trucks, nice wins with the stang, thats what i learned to drag race in so i'll always like mustangs:burnout:

very nice times. What PSI are you running and DRs?

Thanks dudes.......The roush m90 only produces 5-6 lbs of boost with the stock pulley. With my cams, cai, longtubes and blower I am about 425 to the rear wheels. Adding a one piece aluminum driveshaft is supposidly worth nearly 2 tenths at the track......11's are getting so close!:rock: I run on MT ET streets with 30 psi. They stick like a sumbitch and are a bias ply tire so I am told they will last a long time. Cool thing is they are mounted on stock 17' mustang bullit rims so it wasnt a big expense, but as far as I'm concerned the best mod for the track. Street tires blow. Thats why I gave up racing the truck.....all I ever did was spin. Props to you guys that manage to put the power to the ground and get some good times with your trucks. It aint easy.

Got my cover from auto anything and it's fitted to my quad cab...it does a great job and I believe there were three different types available for our trucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back