Got my new detailing stuff today.

Black1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Christmas came early this year. :):D My old Griot's DA Polisher was getting pretty tired. So I decided to "upgrade" a little.

This, my friends, is theee ROLLS ROYCE of polishers: The FLEX 3401 VRG. It's a Forced Rotation DA... that means instead of the pad just getting flung around by the weight, it mechanically forces the pad to rotate on a gear drive. In other words.... If a German rotary buffer and a traditional DA polisher had really unnatural sex, say, in Belgium.... their love child would be this little guy. :eek::rock:

100_5152.jpg

Just to list the other stuff I bought:
1- Meguiar's M105 Ultra-Cut Polish
1- Meguiar's M205 Ultra-Finishing Polish
1- Meguiar's M26 Wax
2- SurBuf Microfiber Cutting Pads
3- Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Cutting Pads
2- Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Finishing Pads
1- Lake County Ultra Soft Wax Pad
1- 200g Meguiar's MG Clay (Mild)

100_5154.jpg

100_5153.jpg

100_5149.jpg

..... now I just need to order some other chemicals and I'll be all set for the next detailing season. :cool: :burnout:

Last edited:
That's great Jake! So when should I bring my truck over?

Bill.

Nice stuff Jake! How much does a good DA like that cost?

Thanks, Kyle!

You can get a great DA (Porter Cable 7346SP) at LOWES for $109. Then just go to Autogeek.net and order a backing plate (like this one) and some pads. :)

You can go with the Porter Cable 7424XP (the one everyone talks about), but the 7346SP is the EXACT same unit and it's about $30 cheaper... don't have to pay for shipping either. :rock: Most folks don't like the backing plate that comes on the 7424, so they buy a separate one anyways. :dontknow:

This FLEX is a professional unit and costs about $310. It's a little much if you are just using it on your own stuff. You'd never get your money's worth out of it. And you probably keep your truck/cars clean enough that you wouldn't need the extra cutting ability. :eek:;)

Last edited:
That's great Jake! So when should I bring my truck over?

Bill.

Well, you'd have a helluva time getting it here now! :D:D:D But, come spring.... I could head over there and do the Porsche, Duster, and Truck. :rock: Just room and board (and booze) is all I ask in payment. :eek::D

Nice arsenal dude. I pre-bought a Flex P14-2-150. I expect a complete review of the 3401!! :cool:

Nice arsenal dude. I pre-bought a Flex P14-2-150. I expect a complete review of the 3401!! :cool:

drool.gif

I've got a couple interesting projects lined up here in a few weeks.... if it would ever stop with the F&CKING BLIZZARD. :mad::eek:;) I'll have a write-up. :rock:

drool.gif

I've got a couple interesting projects lined up here in a few weeks.... if it would ever stop with the F&CKING BLIZZARD. :mad::eek:;) I'll have a write-up. :rock:

(I dig the drool smiley!! ;) )

Ugh, rub one out on the 'Vette. . . (freakin' hilarious if taken out of context. Still funny within)

I've got a correction lined up for a G35 Coupe entering the World of Wheels in Jan. I sure hope my Flex is in by then, but I doubt it. . . :( :) :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back