Got my Roe SC kit in..

SchuettS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the kit came in.. but the Supercharger itself got damaged on the way to my house. It looks like the guys from UPS picked up the SC and dropped it on the pulley, its dented and had some other bite marks out of it. I called pirateman right away and he called UPS. The person he talked to said it wouldnt be a problem getting money back for it, UPS did the packaging and it was insured. I just got off the phone with Pirateman and he said hes going to call Roe Racing to have them send me a brand new SC. Im so glad there are such nice people out there like Pirateman (mark). :D

UPS just makes me mad tho. I heard the gay honk and then the UPS guy pull up to the driveway and just throw the packages onto the dolly, literally throwing. The UPS guy then tells me, this thing isnt packaged very well for how much its insured for. There were packaging peanuts scattered all over and Im still picking them up in my house. Im rambling but it looks like its gonna work out.

Thanks again to Pirateman! :rock:

IMHO UPS has gone way down hill over the last couple of years. I can't tell how much stuff we receive/ship that gets damaged by those bone heads. What pisses me off the most is, they don't give a shit when they do screw something up, they just say "Oh, you'll need to file a claim on that..." never I'm sorry or anything of the kind.

UPS blows goats, for sure.... :mad:

I've started using USPS again. :dontknow: If I really need to ship something expensive, I use Fedex.

Last edited:
I used to do transportation auditing and helped with claims. UPS rely's on the fact that they can deny a claim because of the way it was packed. They've even been know to deny claims that were done at their UPS stores claiming that the shipper should have realized that the manner in which the contents were being protected was not good enough.

The key in most cases is to just keep after them, there hope is that once denied, the claiment will never fight the denial.

And DHL/Airborne is the worst...

Method of delivery.....

Drive by and toss package out window.....airborne

BOT.......

Don't forget to take lots of pictures, can't wait to see that bad boy installed

Heres some pics of the pulley.. sorry, my camera phone sucks.

IMAGE_00003.jpg

IMAGE_00002.jpg

This was practically sticking thru the box when I received it... great job UPS.

Last edited:
Brutal, glad it is going to work out for you. I friggen hate UPS, everytime I ever use them I have somekinda problem. USPS and Canada Post is the only way to go, and there rates are usually significantly less.

Black1 said:
UPS blows goats, for sure.... :mad:

I've started using USPS again. :dontknow: If I really need to ship something expensive, I use Fedex.

I rarely ever use UPS. I live in a small town with just Fedex and never had a problem using them. I buy/sell/collect billiard cue sticks (most worth over 2 grand) and never once had one get damaged.

Ill update this thread with install pics whenever that time comes.. still a foot of snow out there, no hurry.

SchuettS said:
I rarely ever use UPS. I live in a small town with just Fedex and never had a problem using them. I buy/sell/collect billiard cue sticks (most worth over 2 grand) and never once had one get damaged.

Ill update this thread with install pics whenever that time comes.. still a foot of snow out there, no hurry.

haha, i'm back in competition :p :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I am lucky I have never had anything damaged from UPS. Hope everything works out good for ya.

I will ship something by any other method before I would choose UPS again.

Thank God they didn't use FedEx SmartPost. It would have spent 30 days traveling to New York, Seattle, Ft. Lauderdale, Phoenix, Cleveland and then have been lost. Good luck on the replacement.

UPS blows! My wife had a camera lens sent from B&H ,it was sent through UPS and was guaranteed to be here within 2 business days,well 4,5,6.... business days went by and nothing,then it was Fri, she had a photo shoot to do on Sat, that was booked 2 weeks prior,so we ran into the depot to go get it and they said it was being delivered,so we went home......Nothing,,,,,, Guess what showed up the following Tues,??,Those guys get under my skin!!.I hope it all works put for ya!

Stinker said:
LOLOLOLOL allright you phuggers:D you can blame me!!LOLOL

I haul th UPS trailors now!!LOLOL

so your the one that packaged it up?! haha

I just dont know who in their right mind would throw a cpl layers of bubble wrap on a ? 50lb ? supercharger and place it in a huge thin cardboard box with some styrofoam peanuts and think it would be alright... come on now.

it says how much its insured for in big writing on the box.. hmm a $6000 item, lets toss it around!!!

i keep thinking to myself how happy i should be that this item is replaceable rather then something thats not.

i just hope my new sc makes it here in one piece..

Stinker said:
LOLOLOLOL allright you phuggers:D you can blame me!!LOLOL

I haul th UPS trailors now!!LOLOL

We heard about that!

Attachments

• Truck_Transport.jpg
    Truck_Transport.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 29
mauiSRT/10 said:
Thank God you had their store package it and insure it. I ship over 3000 mail orders a year, and all through USPS no UPS at all!!

patrick

And they always get to my house PERFECT, and ON TIME! :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

(Thanks again, buddy. :eek: )

My luck has not been good lately. I thank god i had them package it and insured. But i did not want steve to start out with any problems is the reason i called sean about a new one right away.Lord knows i have had my share lately. Steve i carried my receipt by ups last night where i had purchased the s/c from roe and started the process., but like i said i have already talked to sean.

SchuettS said:
so your the one that packaged it up?! haha

I just dont know who in their right mind would throw a cpl layers of bubble wrap on a ? 50lb ? supercharger and place it in a huge thin cardboard box with some styrofoam peanuts and think it would be alright... come on now.

it says how much its insured for in big writing on the box.. hmm a $6000 item, lets toss it around!!!

i keep thinking to myself how happy i should be that this item is replaceable rather then something thats not.

i just hope my new sc makes it here in one piece..

Man ya'll jsut dont know:D If ya ever talk to anyone that works the docks you may never ship anything again! and they are all the same except for USPS.
Gaines, yellow freight, fed ex, ups, all of em bo, i have seen them ram a fork lift into a package, duck tape it and put it on the truck!LOL

and the worst time to ship is holidays, like christmas, man them fellas sling stuff from 50ft away!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back