Got the exhaust done yesterday

HISS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after much research, I decided on cat delete, 3in from the manifold, h pipe, and Moroso spiral flow mufflers with turn downs. Let me just say the truck sounds ROWDY! It cackles like a drag car at idle, sounds like open headers at full throttle, and somewhere between a cummins, and a bumblebee while lightly accelerating. I love it! Seems to run a little better too.

Last edited:
can't wait to hear it marty! what did you do about the sensors? by the way do you have a name and number of the speed shop who dynoed your truck?

Last edited:
SANCHOBA said:
can't wait to hear it marty! what did you do about the sensors? by the way do you have a name and number of the speed shop who dynoed your truck?

Two 18mm spark plug anti foulers, no mil's yet, so it seems to be working. The guy that has the dyno is Doug, his number is 361-215-5845. He should be able to hook you up anytime on the dyno, just call first. If You want I'll go out there with you, I need to make another run and see what the exhaust did.

Last edited:
I love the sound of Moroso Spiral Flow and Twister Pro-Flo muffler. They are more distinguishable than the "famous" flowmaster sound. When you want a cheap upgrade. Cut the turndowns off and send the pipes out the rear with intercooled tips like borlas. Between your h Pipe and your muffler put some electric cutouts.

HISS said:
Two 18mm spark plug anti foulers, no mil's yet, so it seems to be working. The guy that has the dyno is Doug, his number is 361-215-5845. He should be able to hook you up anytime on the dyno, just call first. If You want I'll go out there with you, I need to make another run and see what the exhaust did.

It took about 3 days of driving for my light to come on. I erased it.
The code never came back

TREKER said:
Sound clip!!!!

We need a smilie that says worthless without clips!!!
Even if I did have a digital camera, I would'nt know how to post it. lol:dontknow:

Maybe I can talk Sanchoba in to posting it for me when He gets back in town.

TREKER said:
Sound clip!!!!

We need a smilie that says worthless without clips!!!
Will this work?:D

needsound2.gif

moparracing said:
two per side ? should work fine, i didn't have any cel's on mine.

pics & a video when ya get a chance would be cool. :)

Two per side.

You should only need 1 each side.
The front O2 sensor is normally before the first CAT, so it is exposed to raw exhaust. That sensor gives the feedback to the computer for the fuel adjustment when you are not under WOT. So you want the front to get real readings from the exhaust system.

The back sensor is the one that will cause a code if you delete the front CAT. If you install the antifouler on that one, it prevents the code.

Getting rid of the stock exhaust is prolly the most smile enducing mod there is......deleting cats, gives that Nascar loud tone!!:rock:

Get a DC stage two tune and never worry about a CEL again. Engine runs way cooler too, not to mention all that extra power.:burnout:

patrick

tinygiants said:
You should only need 1 each side.
The front O2 sensor is normally before the first CAT, so it is exposed to raw exhaust. That sensor gives the feedback to the computer for the fuel adjustment when you are not under WOT. So you want the front to get real readings from the exhaust system.

The back sensor is the one that will cause a code if you delete the front CAT. If you install the antifouler on that one, it prevents the code.
that's why you double up on the back two & leave the front two alone.......;)

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435119&postcount=2

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back