Got the truck back last night

Need4speed

Reaction score
Helped Dave button up the truck yesterday, Fired her up and drove around easy for a good while. We pulled a few degrees of timing out since we couldnt tune her then. The 2500 stall actually makes the tranny feel a bit more friendly, particularly on shifting at standstill and easy driving, the torque converter lockup at 40 or so mph is the only "slam" felt now.
Heads were ported and polished, new DC intake installed with meth sprayin in front of s/c now, and the 2500rpm stall were the main mods this round. Tuning her this morning and running her down to the dyno today. Shooting for 700 to 725rwhp...... we'll see.:)

Wish you all the best, it should be good when you are done.

Bill.

Tell that short BASTARD to quit workin on other shit than MINE!!!!! Just kidding, he was in a holding pattern anyways cuz JM didnt send my pushrods. Goodluck at the dyno today.

Well, didnt make it to the dyno.... just spent so much time fine tuning the big girl. The heads changed EVERY aspect of the tune...... EVERYTHING. But we got her purring like a kitten with good a/f's and I pulled her hard. Low to mid range same it seems, but the pull from 4700 to 6000 is WAAAAY harder! I'm a happy camper. The paxton itself stays much cooler to the touch after pounding away on the loud pedal too. Spraying the meth in front does seem like the way to go if the meth doesnt cause issues down the road being hosed into the s/c this way. well see.
This stall is gonna make this thing launch like a mofo when I put my slicks on her! I think my hp gains might just supprise me..... gonna try to dyno her this weekend. YeeeeeHaw:) :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Ahh....Tim....missed you man.....:D ....ok when are you running at the track and what tires do you have for the rear...?

RedRamRules said:
Look out Mike, I think he can race you heads up w/o Nos :)

BTW nice set-up Need4Speed :rock:

Thanks Red, Yeah... Mikey and I went toe to toe most of all last year, I take three months off to fish down in the keys and all hell breaks loose!:burnout:
I think we might be at least close again....hee hee.....
Nowwhat I just have the M/Ts right now, but the better size M&Hs will come. And the shocks...... and.....:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back