Got to drive my first hellcat.

A customer of ours had to have the car brought in for a recall, an RRT and a front air dam replacement. He had us pick the car up this morning and I got tasked with getting the car here in one piece.

The power of these cars is absolutely incredible, it feels like at half throttle it would out accelerate my truck at full throttle. The shifter is so precise and the exhaust sound is absolutely perfect, I would not touch the exhaust. While it is all good, I wouldn't pay the money they are asking. When the price hits $35k to $40k I will buy one.

Curious, was it a Challenger or a Charger? And if it was a Challenger, was it a manual or automatic?:dontknow:

We were looking into it this weekend to take advantage of some ultra-low interest rates I came across. . It's a shame and disheartening to see blunt greed in full force. So as you all may know Chrysler had to stop making these dream machines because dealerships started to charge $15k to $20k above MSRP to get into one of these. Meanwhile, parts to build them are trickling in. Chrysler stopped taking orders. Some orders that were taken can't even be fulfilled. There are about 2,200 units out there with a high demand... A serious bidding war in the works. Simple Economics 101 teaches that high demand is driving the prices up tremendously. So, after Chrysler sort out the nonsense they will continue producing. The wifey is suggesting I order a 392 model... But at 485HP that's not quite the same is it? I will either wait out the HC fiasco or just jump in a 2016 model.

Has anyone heard of 'Year One' HELLCAT problems or recall yet? Differences between 2015 and 2016? (i.e. 2004 SRT-10 with 4.10 gears vs. 2005 SRT-10 with 4.56 gears)....

I didn't realize the car you drove was a manual. After driving it, would you still opt for the automatic if you were going to buy one?

I would go with the manual, I can't see buying a performance vehicle with an automatic.

We were looking into it this weekend to take advantage of some ultra-low interest rates I came across. . It's a shame and disheartening to see blunt greed in full force. So as you all may know Chrysler had to stop making these dream machines because dealerships started to charge $15k to $20k above MSRP to get into one of these. Meanwhile, parts to build them are trickling in. Chrysler stopped taking orders. Some orders that were taken can't even be fulfilled. There are about 2,200 units out there with a high demand... A serious bidding war in the works. Simple Economics 101 teaches that high demand is driving the prices up tremendously. So, after Chrysler sort out the nonsense they will continue producing. The wifey is suggesting I order a 392 model... But at 485HP that's not quite the same is it? I will either wait out the HC fiasco or just jump in a 2016 model.

Has anyone heard of 'Year One' HELLCAT problems or recall yet? Differences between 2015 and 2016? (i.e. 2004 SRT-10 with 4.10 gears vs. 2005 SRT-10 with 4.56 gears)....

There is one recall and one rapid response. One is for a crossover fuel tube and the other is for leaking coolant lines. We have had 2 in to have them completed but neither car displayed the concerns outlined in the campaigns. But then again both cars only had 1,000 miles on them.

It's not just the parts availability and the dealer prices, CAFE has a lot to do with it also. They have to sell 30 Darts and 200's for every Hellcat to meet mpg parameters

I checked out a couple dealerships today. I saw that at least five were present in the Houston area. One of the reported dealerships claimed they didn't have one but tried to show me a 6.4L Scat-Pack model. No thanks. It sounded terrible. So I went to another dealership reporting one in stock. The sales person claimed they sold their only one early that morning. But he had a 6.4L 392 to show me. So I went along to have a look. After checking out a B5 Pearl Blue I noticed two Challys sitting in the back. One was a Scat-Pack while the OTHER was a Charcoal Grey 6 spd. HC. OH.. I thought it was sold. The salesman said the customer didn't take delivery because he/she was getting their money together, but left a deposit and agreed to $85k. Okay, BS. Who's gonna buy something for that much money and 1) doesn't take delivery that day.. 2) The car was dirty sitting next to a lesser Scat-Pack model in the forgotten corner of a dark garage @ 5:30 pm and 3) I thought they bought it but they're getting their money ready first? The salesperson took my information “just in caseâ€￾ the sale doesn't go through. Yeah I’m sure they will call and say they have other potentials that are interested and are paying $85k+. They can keep it if they approach me with that crap. They even said a sunroof option isn’t available on the HC at all. I do not believe that.

It’s already June so orders for 2016 HC models will start soon and those prices can go to hell. If I’m desperate I could order a stripe-less 2015, 6.4L, 6 spd. 392 now, have it built my way WITH a sunroof. I can then drop a monster bolt-on liquid cooled Kenne Bell supercharger in it and produce more than 707HP if push comes to shove.

It's not just the parts availability and the dealer prices, CAFE has a lot to do with it also. They have to sell 30 Darts and 200's for every Hellcat to meet mpg parameters

Yeah, I can imagine they also have to sell those Scat-Pack and SXT models that no one wants to buy as well.

I know a Scat Pack is no Hellcat but bang for the buck those Scat Packs are awesome!!!

At the price the Hellcats are going for you could literally buy two Scat Packs

At the price the Hellcats are going for you could literally buy two Scat Packs

Or one 392 with all possible upgrades plus a huge aftermarket Kenne Bell. I dunno, when the sales person started the ScatPack model it didn't sound right. Reminded me of a 5.9L. I gotta say it did look nice but :dontknow:for some reason wasn't for me.

Or one 392 with all possible upgrades plus a huge aftermarket Kenne Bell. I dunno, when the sales person started the ScatPack model it didn't sound right. Reminded me of a 5.9L. I gotta say it did look nice but :dontknow:for some reason wasn't for me.

You'll be disappointed with a Kenne Bell SRT vs the Hellcat. The factory did s great job designing a complete blown package, with excellent driving characteristics, no tuning issues, and that runs cool all day long.

You'll be disappointed with a Kenne Bell SRT vs the Hellcat. The factory did s great job designing a complete blown package, with excellent driving characteristics, no tuning issues, and that runs cool all day long.

:motz:It's comments like this sir that shatters dreams and causes ideas to cave in... I guess that's why they call you caveman... Far be it from me to spend all that loot on a KB unit that will disappoint in the long run.. :dontknow:I will just wait and try to nab a HC instead of settling for something I really didn't want. Plus I imagine Chrysler will laugh at whatever warranty I have before black-balling it if I slapped an aftermarket SC in the 392.

:motz:It's comments like this sir that shatters dreams and causes ideas to cave in... I guess that's why they call you caveman... Far be it from me to spend all that loot on a KB unit that will disappoint in the long run.. :dontknow:I will just wait and try to nab a HC instead of settling for something I really didn't want. Plus I imagine Chrysler will laugh at whatever warranty I have before black-balling it if I slapped an aftermarket SC in the 392.

You won't be disappointed if you hold out and get the real deal. :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back