Great Danes

If you can find me a female mastiff to breed my dog with Ill give you a pup. I know its not a dane but mastiffs are just as fun and goofy. Bubba has a 36inch neck and is at 198lbs anything heavier and it is bad for the hips (danes also) but like you said all dogs are different his Father is still going strong at 10 yrs. Just a thought.

Bob, the down side with Danes is life expectancy. They top out at 8 yrs. My neighbour has a blue one that has major skin and irritation issues. Golden Retreivers are a good breed ( dont really shed) or Newfoundland if you like em big:D

Paul

I have a 50 lbs fatass beagle ill ship ya free lol,,and throw in a 12 year old furball cat to boot:D

I too was thinking a Mastiff. They are super great with kids and are quite lazy dogs. They just love to be around your family and they get HUGE!!!

You could always compromise and get a Bull-Mastiff!

Good luck with the search Bob. I got both of my dogs from a shelter. One is a Ridgeback and the other a Whippet. Danes are great dogs:rock:

DevilDawg3097 said:
If you can find me a female mastiff to breed my dog with Ill give you a pup. I know its not a dane but mastiffs are just as fun and goofy. Bubba has a 36inch neck and is at 198lbs anything heavier and it is bad for the hips (danes also) but like you said all dogs are different his Father is still going strong at 10 yrs. Just a thought.
What kind of mastiff? I love the Neo's.

Bubba-1.jpg

English Mastiff;)

Here is a better one for size comparison. My female is 120lbs about the size of a big male golden. His head is the size of a basketball:p but as hard as concrete (they like to headbutt:D ) can fit a fully inflated basketball in his mouth :dontknow: hey likes the sound when they pop:confused: :p

Picture023.jpg

I bought her to breed with him but found out she is part of his bloodline so I had her fixed.

DevilDawg3097 said:
Here is a better one for size comparison. My female is 120lbs about the size of a big male golden. His head is the size of a basketball:p but as hard as concrete (they like to headbutt:D ) can fit a fully inflated basketball in his mouth :dontknow: hey likes the sound when they pop:confused: :p

I bought her to breed with him but found out she is part of his bloodline so I had her fixed.
Beautiful dogs, no doubt. I'll keep my eyes open.

great danes slobber just as bad. which it is hot down here in the south. but mine slimes me right regular...lol

Demon 8 said:
How are the English Mastiffs with kids, that is one beautiful dog!
He is six ys old was raised around kids but we didn't have any. They took to the two kids we adopted like they where there for ever great with kids.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back