Grenaded The Motorhome Tranny 10,900 Miles`

Rockin Ronnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you thinking about motorhomes, I just grenaded my tranny at 10,900 miles. When I took it to the repair facility (Genisis Rv in Tacoma WA) these guys know their stuff. Anyway they said that the Ferd Workhorse Chasis has a habit of that and that the Waranty company was already expecting the upgrade list. My Coach is a 05 Workhorse so If you own one or are expecting to purchase one beware!!!!:D

It's all good Bro! I have the extended 36/36000 warranty so It's there problem for a while but think twice about the diesel pusher Bro!! I'm averaging 12 miles per gallon pulling my 4500 pound jetsled with my scooter on the rack. That's 5500 pounds going over mountain passes at 12 miles per gallon. Make sure you getting as good or better with the diesel. I have many friends with them that are not getting the same mileage!!:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
It's all good Bro! I have the extended 36/36000 warranty so It's there problem for a while but think twice about the diesel pusher Bro!! I'm averaging 12 miles per gallon pulling my 4500 pound jetsled with my scooter on the rack. That's 5500 pounds going over mountain passes at 12 miles per gallon. Make sure you getting as good or better with the diesel. I have many friends with them that are not getting the same mileage!!:D

I drive a SRT/10, and my wife has an Infiniti QX56. Both use premium gas, and the Infiniti just barely gets better mileage than the truck.

So, do you think I'm worried about fuel mileage?:confused: :dontknow:

Sorry to hear about the tranny.

So did it happen when you were power braking it.:)

I know how you like to put on the smoke shows:rock:

Workhorse Chassis is a Chevy, transmission is an Allison Medium Duty which is normally the best you can get for a gas powered motor home. We have had almost nonexistant problems with these and have been selling them for quite a few years. Believe me, I know from whence I speak.

Actually Workhorse Chassis is the one I have and It's a Ferd And The Tranny Shop Said It's So Common They Have A Steady Supply Of Parts To Rebuild It!:)

Last edited:
Not trying to be a turd but if its a ferd it aint a workhorse. Good news is Ferds warranty is very good.

If you have a workhorse chassis it will have a soft emblem on the front of each side. I have a workhorse and its a 496 big block GM with allison trans.

FATJACK said:
Not trying to be a turd but if its a ferd it aint a workhorse. Good news is Ferds warranty is very good.

Ford & Workhorse are competitors.

http://www.newrver.com/fordorworkhorse.shtml
http://www.workhorse.com/Default.aspx?tabid=68
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/specialty_vehicles/Motorhome_Class_A.asp

Workhorse uses GM (Gas), Cummins & International (Diesel) engines.

Not trying to be disagreeable but I'm interested in a Class "A" someday so I did a little lookin' up to see what y'all are talking about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back