Had A Thought, Please Let Me Know Yours!

Rockin Ronnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As You Know I Am Hurting Right Now To Say The Least, But I See My Situation Improving By The Spring Because I'm A Tenatious Bastard! I Would Like To Propose That The "Help" That I Am Receiving Right Now, Be Given Back To The Club As Soon As I Am Able For Another Family Member To Receive When He Or She Needs It. I Would Propose That John (if he wants to) or Patrick or Jack open an account and when a person needs help perhaps that money will be available for them to use and then put back when they are able. I would prefer to call this a loan/gift from my friends (I Cant Thank You Enough) But I would like to give it back to the club as soon as I am able for the next one of our family members to use. What do you think?:)

how bout one of those things where um say 12 people agree to give xx dollars each month. each month one of those members would the money so on so forth..:dontknow: till all 12 have each gotten money? its like a way to save up money

Rockin Ronnie said:
As You Know I Am Hurting Right Now To Say The Least, But I See My Situation Improving By The Spring Because I'm A Tenatious Bastard! I Would Like To Propose That The "Help" That I Am Receiving Right Now, Be Given Back To The Club As Soon As I Am Able For Another Family Member To Receive When He Or She Needs It. I Would Propose That John (if he wants to) or Patrick or Jack open an account and when a person needs help perhaps that money will be available for them to use and then put back when they are able. I would prefer to call this a loan/gift from my friends (I Cant Thank You Enough) But I would like to give it back to the club as soon as I am able for the next one of our family members to use. What do you think?:)
Thats a great Idea Ronnie,I think it would work out great.:rock:

I would be willing to put in a certin amount of dollars each month for the member that needs it,and if nobody needs it the account will grow,until its needed.

I think, if you want to pay it forward in the future... that would be very gracious of you. I'm not sure if Jack or Patrick should be burdened with the responsibility of a holding account tho....

Black1 said:
I think, if you want to pay it forward in the future... that would be very gracious of you. I'm not sure if Jack or Patrick should be burdened with the responsibility of a holding account tho....

From my understanding this had been discussed privately and was not acceptable.

However, and I may be wrong and Patrick or Jack can correct me if so, but maybe if someone wanted to start a fund for those in need, and managed it, without a direct tie to the site that would be acceptable.

The person most knowledgeable on this would be Roy, so maybe he can chime in on this.

Last edited:
To do this and keep everyone out of trouble, you'd first need to set up bylaws, elect club officers including a treasurer and they would have to provide financial reports to the membership on a monthly basis.

The club would also need to be registered as a non-profit organization and start filing tax returns.

This could be a real issue and a lot of work, been there done that, lots of work, lots of record keeping.

Otherwise, all if would take would one disgruntled person to notify the authorities and they could come in and sieze the funds for taxes and fine the crap out of every registered peron on these forums.

Great idea but could lead to complications. I think there are enough members on here that help friends in need and dont expect to recieve anything in return. I have helped when I could and was happy to do so and I also recieved help when I moved to NY. I think we should all count are lucky stars to have good friends and leave well enough alone. I would hate to see someone get help and another wonder why he/she didnt.

Demon 8 said:
Great idea but could lead to complications. I think there are enough members on here that help friends in need and dont expect to recieve anything in return. I have helped when I could and was happy to do so and I also recieved help when I moved to NY. I think we should all count are lucky stars to have good friends and leave well enough alone. I would hate to see someone get help and another wonder why he/she didnt.
I'm with stupid ^^^^ we've been on the giving as well as receiving end and it is wonderful when people are able to help others out of the goodness of their hearts at the amount they can comfortably give without having to feel obligated to pay it back.

It could be a long time before some would be able to repay it. I say we leave it as it is, and be thankful we have this wonderful place to make it all happen as the need arises.

If it is organized, there will always be some unhappy bastage complaining that "so and so" didn't really need it as bad as "so and so" did. Look at it now, even when people give willingly to help another there is always the big mouth that has to make a big deal out of it.

Just my 25 thousand cents :D :D :D

This is really the decision of the owners of this forum...and I don't think it is appropriate to push the issue if they have reasons to not do so. It is their house, and there are issues.

If it were to be done the owners would have to set up a foundation under the auspices of VTCOA, it would be established as a 501 c 3 corporation under the parent. As mentioned above it would have to have by laws, a board and separate accounting. It would require a filing annually, and there are a lot of other specifications.

We could do it as individuals but there is always the chance of problems. Ronnie obviously has a good heart except when it comes to LEO's and his Ex....:p but this issues would have to be handled under very strict controls.

The suggestion has been made but if the owners don't pick up the ball and run with it, I suggest we drop the idea.

Roy

Prof said:
This is really the decision of the owners of this forum...and I don't think it is appropriate to push the issue if they have reasons to not do so. It is their house, and there are issues.

If it were to be done the owners would have to set up a foundation under the auspices of VTCOA, it would be established as a 501 c 3 corporation under the parent. As mentioned above it would have to have by laws, a board and separate accounting. It would require a filing annually, and there are a lot of other specifications.

We could do it as individuals but there is always the chance of problems. Ronnie obviously has a good heart except when it comes to LEO's and his Ex....:p but this issues would have to be handled under very strict controls.

The suggestion has been made but if the owners don't pick up the ball and run with it, I suggest we drop the idea.

Roy

NO............................................!

Yer thwarting my retirement fund before it ever gets off the ground......:mad: :dontknow:

D

Thank You Ronnie, but as most have already said, it would be too much legality; not to mention more work...

We are all here to chat and have a good time, and help each other out.

Thanks for the thought, all I would say is just help someone else out one day ;)

-Patrick

Wifey said:
I'm with stupid ^^^^ we've been on the giving as well as receiving end and it is wonderful when people are able to help others out of the goodness of their hearts at the amount they can comfortably give without having to feel obligated to pay it back.

It could be a long time before some would be able to repay it. I say we leave it as it is, and be thankful we have this wonderful place to make it all happen as the need arises.

If it is organized, there will always be some unhappy bastage complaining that "so and so" didn't really need it as bad as "so and so" did. Look at it now, even when people give willingly to help another there is always the big mouth that has to make a big deal out of it.

Just my 25 thousand cents :D :D :D

Wow
I had no idea I had made such an impression
Makes me feel great I donated what I could

Back