Halo's in stock headlights?

Joseph_camron_price

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if its possible or its been done to put halos in stock headlights? I just picked up a pair of the black housing oem headlights off ebay and would like to do the halos if it can be done. I found one post on here about it and someone just recommended oracle halos which didnt answer if they can be put on
Stockers. Thanks in advance!

You have to put the headlight assembly in the oven to melt the glue that holds everything together. Then pull it apart and clean off all the factory glue, instal the halos, then seal everything back up. Pain in the royal ass, too. And if you dont get a perfect seal you'll get water in there and fog the lens or short a light out, and when the halos quit working you have to do it all over again. Have fun!

You should clean it off, you have to put all new adhesive on and it just makes a cleaner install. I did anyway.

Yea i got the part of how to do it as ive done a few on projectors but my main question is the oems done have the round projectors in them that makes them mountable. The oems just have the bezzle. Only way i can think to word it hope that helps a little more. Ill figure out a way to do it somehow just lookin to see if its been done. Thanks though guys!

images_zps8835531b.jpg

images-1_zpsc03dca48.jpg

SRT2SLOW is correct just bake them and pull apart without cleaning anything and to put them back together bake for a couple minutes to loosen glue and then put back together. I did however add an extra bead of black silicone just to be safe and had zero issues

and it really isnt hard at all IMO

Pre heat oven to 250 degrees, then put headlight(1 at a time) in there for 10 minutes and they will come apart VERY easily, but i was told they would come apart fairly easy even at 7 minutes. Then after your done doing the halo install and your ready to put back together put them in oven for 5 minutes pull them out and press them back together solid and run an additional bead of black silicone to be sure they sealed up solid

and it really isnt hard at all IMO

Pre heat oven to 250 degrees, then put headlight(1 at a time) in there for 10 minutes and they will come apart VERY easily, but i was told they would come apart fairly easy even at 7 minutes. Then after your done doing the halo install and your ready to put back together put them in oven for 5 minutes pull them out and press them back together solid and run an additional bead of black silicone to be sure they sealed up solid

Wow...how the fuck you've been

I'm good man...I'm in va right now for slc...got 2 more weeks left then I got some shit to put on my truck

Sweet. Is taking the headlights apart the only way to do Halo's?

I saw some LED halos on eBay that looked "flexible." Perhaps you could squeeze them through the holes for the bulbs, then align and mount. Seems like a PITA, though.

As for the baking job, it's no fun...been there with the Subaru STi. I'd certainly suggest a "practice set from a junker...

-big in nc

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back