Hand-Ported Throttle Body

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got bored today (lots of time on my hands! :p), and decided to port my TB. I originally planned to detail the boat, but the Weather Channel can't make up it's mind if it's going to rain or not, so I decided to something inside! :D

A huge thanks goes out to Mark for loaning me his old stocker so I could port it. Wait, if I ported his old TB, I guess I have to give it back to him! :eek: Mine still looks like POO.

Anyways, I started out with the dremel and removed as much metal as I wanted. I didn't do anything to radical because I feared I might go through somewhere. I followed with 220 - 400wet - 1000wet - 2000wet and finished off with some metal polish by hand. The hardest part was getting the shine. Also, I cheated. I ported/polished the entire inside of the TB, but only the "up" facing surfaces of the exterior.

As you can tell by the pics there's a notable difference in the meat between the two ports. Like I said - nothing too radical. I also removed the lovely "BW". The throttle response is definitely more crisp than before. And lastly, the SOTP Dyno says 5-10HP? It's hotter than two rats f**kin' in a wool sock, so today probably wasn't the day to try and judge it. Plus, it probably my imagination - BUT - every little bit helps!! :D

DSCN2300.jpg

DSCN2303.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, you must be bored. Looks great.

nice! :rock: Which Dremel bit did you use? Do you have a picture of it? I think I know which one but wanted to make sure.

Hey Roz could you post up which drimmel bist you used? I have a dremmel as well, but I'm always hesitant on using it to sand crap because you can never see what grit the bits are. The TB looks bad ass!!!:rock: :rock:

slap that puppy on and go get dynoed,,,i really want to see some side by side numbers :D

Looks great Jimi,:congrats:
I did mine awhile ago and all I can say is to stay on top of your polish job,because,it will start to oxidize really quick after polishing(just a little heads up):D If you come up with a solution,Let me know!!!:burnout:

1qksrt said:
I did mine awhile ago and all I can say is to stay on top of your polish job,because,it will start to oxidize really quick after polishing(just a little heads up):D If you come up with a solution,Let me know!!!:burnout:

Clear paint worked for me :)

Of course it isn't quite as brite as a just polished surface,but it sure is easier to keep clean.

1qksrt said:

I've heard outstanding reviews about this stuff (for years). Mainly from those who ride. I haven't had anything of significant "area" to want to spend $80. I think I'm going to finally give it a try.

Zoop Seal Jr Kit
http://www.zoopseal.com/product-listing.asp?ID=15

Even if it doesn't net you any additional HP, as long as it feels like it and looks as good as it does, it was worth it!!!!

. . . And to those that inquired about the bits, here's a pic of what I used.

On the ports, I used the typical little sanding bits to start. I then followed with those little "fan" looking things. Those are are 120 and 220 grit. I then "finished" up with 400wet, 1000wet, and 2000wet. I topped it off with some metal/billet polish.

On the exterior, I used the wire-brush-wheel to knock the oxidation and burs off. Then again with 400/1000/2000 (wet) and again with metal/billet polish.

DSCN2304.jpg

Roz-SRT said:
. . . And to those that inquired about the bits, here's a pic of what I used.

On the ports, I used the typical little sanding bits to start. I then followed with those little "fan" looking things. Those are are 120 and 220 grit. I then "finished" up with 400wet, 1000wet, and 2000wet. I topped it off with some metal/billet polish.

On the exterior, I used the wire-brush-wheel to knock the oxidation and burs off. Then again with 400/1000/2000 (wet) and again with metal/billet polish.

DSCN2304.jpg
Jimi does EVERYTHING with the Dremel, keeps it on the nitestand, just in case.:D :D

Looks awesome man but one problem.............................wheres mine????????

i can put mine in the mail this afternoon. even send you a walmart gift card for the beer:D

eddie102870 said:
i can put mine in the mail this afternoon. even send you a walmart gift card for the beer:D
Jimi doing an intoxicated beer-pong port & polish job, not sure if i'd trust that but who knows, maybe he'll do better with the incentive:D

Back