Handles and a non visual question.

SRTForLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to color match my handles and have not found a clear cut way of approaching them. also, how does one find out the birth date and number made of his precious truck?

sorry for the easy questions.

I know the front handles can be had factory painted if your color was used on 1999 - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees, I don't know if the rears work because I have an RC and only verified fitment of those. ViperJeff is the man to get with on any build dates and numbers, but since you have an 05 there are no clear cut build numbers from Dodge, only from the research he has done.

I am wanting to color match my handles and have not found a clear cut way of approaching them. also, how does one find out the birth date and number made of his precious truck?

sorry for the easy questions.

I searched for the colored matched handles (via jeep) but they are really hard to come by. Any good body shop will be able to scuff them and shoot them for you. Tailgate handle also.

ViperJeff is the man for the #'s.

well it is factory silver which i think is bright metallic. and are the rears the same as on jeeps and rams?

Your build date is on your drivers door. You can read the VIN tag by following these instructions: (see bottom of page)
Viper Truck Registry

Build numbers are available for 2005 and 2006. Mine are more accurate than Dodges, but it's your call

my email is [email protected] or you can PM me (need the last eight of your vin)

they're black... oem... never painted... good for a set you can drop off at the body shop and say "here, paint these" and not have to leave your truck there for two days with no handles in it...

they're black... oem... never painted... good for a set you can drop off at the body shop and say "here, paint these" and not have to leave your truck there for two days with no handles in it...

$5 Shipped, final offer.

Its not as easy as scuff and shoot unless you don't mind them still having that godawful texture. They must be primed and sanded to smooth the texture to look like the rest of the body. That's where grand Cherokee handles come into play. They are smooth already!! Made to paint ;)

Your color code is PS2 Bright Silver;)

Its not as easy as scuff and shoot unless you don't mind them still having that godawful texture. They must be primed and sanded to smooth the texture to look like the rest of the body. That's where grand Cherokee handles come into play. They are smooth already!! Made to paint ;)

Your color code is PS2 Bright Silver;)

And I just happen to be able to get them...

Sold. Dan asks that you send the money to me and then he can send the handles. :D

The check is in the mail...Go stand by your mailbox until it gets there. :D

so you can get me all four handles already color matched?

I have only confirmed front handles because I have an RC. I don't know anyone local with a QC to confirm rear handle fitment and operation. I would guess they would work but can't guarantee it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back