Handling?

Caltracs Traction Bars from Calvert Racing (Lancaster, Ca) They Made a huge improvement on mine:rock: Handling Maybe give boomer a call:dontknow:

Well, what do you know, I didn't know Calvert Racing was located in Lancaster Calif. Hmmm, this town is not that big, I can find them and drive over there, can't be more than 15 minutes from my house, nothing in this town is more than 15 minutes away LOL

SilvrSRT10 said:
Tires! Start with the tires.

Even more helpful than suggesting replacing the tires would be to mention which would be best.;)

I'd do so myself, but I haven't tried any other tires yet.:eek:

Ram From Hell said:
Even more helpful than suggesting replacing the tires would be to mention which would be best.;)

:dito: I'm curious to see what the difference over the stockers is

Ram From Hell said:

Well different folks have different opinions on the tires. That's why I didn't mention a brand. But since you asked, I'm running General Grabber UHP's an am very happy with them. Everyone else I've spoken to running them are happy with them too. I've heard they are available on-line for around $145. It's my opinion that anything is better than the stock Pirelli's. The truck doesn't dance and dart all over the road the way it use too and traction is better and the truck doesn't hydroplane in wet weather anymore. So there's my suggestion. I'm sure others will have their's.

Last edited:
Boomers drop kit!! You will think your driving a different truck. I dont think the caltrac bars do anything but add weight and make the suspension unload when your driving in & out of tight corners. As far as tires go i still got the stock ones on.

Iam running boomers kit with jmb front @rear s/l ,caltracs and what made a world of difference was the Hellwing rear s/bar it took the sway out of the tail of the truck.

Since some good guys have agreed that the General UHPs have given them good results and improved all round handling.... I'll be choosing them for my next tires.... I'm still running the OEM Pirellis........... Guess I'd better smoke those up....:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :D ;) :eek:

D

Django said:
Since some good guys have agreed that the General UHPs have given them good results and improved all round handling.... I'll be choosing them for my next tires.... I'm still running the OEM Pirellis........... Guess I'd better smoke those up....:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :D ;) :eek:

D

Me too D.........cept I dont drive much and rarely burn enough rubber to leave a marks...........so it'll be awhile until my stockers wear out.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back