Hankook Tire Question

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a line on some second hand Hankook Ventus AS tires --almost brand new. I plan on using them for snow tires; mounting them on OEM 20x8 steel wheels. Anybody use these tires, have any experience with them?

use them on stock rims the 22x10 i think it is. not a bad tire seems to wear fast. but i would question what your winter is like because my winter there isnt anything in the world that will give me traction in these trucks. and these tires wont do it i still slip and spin in rain shifting and i am an auto.

Sir, i will take mine out when there is no cloud in the sky for 328 miles. Any less, its getting kinda risky.

awww. dont drive your truck in the snow!, get a jeep

Too late, it's already seen the white stuff -- mainly hard pack and slush. The OEM Pierlli steam rollers are fun to navigate when water turns to ice or snow. First gear is a waste of time...

I'd like to get back into another 4x4 but $$$ are tight.

use them on stock rims the 22x10 i think it is. not a bad tire seems to wear fast. but i would question what your winter is like because my winter there isnt anything in the world that will give me traction in these trucks. and these tires wont do it i still slip and spin in rain shifting and i am an auto.

Last winter around me wasn't too bad. The year before sucked -- I had 6 foot high snow piles lining my driveway... When it snows here I really try to avoid the roads -- too many folks out and about who think they know how to drive in the stufff and ultimatley cause all the accidents. Also, the road crews aren't bad and clear things fairly quickly, at least for the main streets. And besides, I have a county sheriff who moved into the neighborhood last year and it seems now our street is the first one plowed ;)

I don't plan on forging 3 foot deep drifts but in case I do get caught in a storm, I'd like to have a decent tire on the arse end.

lol well snow removal up here is prety damn good but we get slammed with snow and i have found the absolute best solution i park it in the garage with a battery tenderizer and tell the wife i am taking her avalanche LOL

lol well snow removal up here is prety damn good but we get slammed with snow and i have found the absolute best solution i park it in the garage with a battery tenderizer and tell the wife i am taking her avalanche LOL

I tried that once with my wife, grabbed the keys to the Honda Pilot and almost got kicked in the sac...She told me to drive my 500HP toy and keep spinning the tires -- "you'll eventually hit black top", so I was told :aetsch: I held out until the plow guy came by and off I went for a brewsky run :D

I don't think there are any tires our size that will accept studs!! You may have to get some 20" rims. Then you will have tire choices! Otherwise, just keep spinning! Lol. Won't matter which tires you get!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back