Hard wood floors

linemup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say putting down wood flooring by yourself sucks!!! 50 square feet down:rock:, about 4650 to go...:eek:

aaaaahahahahahahaha.....

:D :D :D

that's the price you pay for not paying anybody...;)

Yea... Oddly enough I like this stuff. If someone where to pay me to do it for them it would be better, even though I'm saving the money doing it myself it's just a little different.:dontknow: Maybe it's just not having someone to BS with...:coffee:

What kind of flooring you doing? true hardwood or like that pergo flooring???

True hardwood takes for----ever................

My house has that in it, needs to be sanded and refinished again, nice floor tho.

thou i feel the only hardwood floors i will ever have will be teak, i felt i should drop in and say this.

my grandfather, who was like my own father, did hardwood flooring. not just any hardwood, but hard wood floors in NJ and NYC. he had even done madison square garden a few times. thou i was not tought how to do it, as a child i had seen it done, and had hardwood floors in every section of every house we lived in.

that being said, make sure you have the right tools, and use REAL hardwood flooring,
it will outlast you.

and when you think you have it rough, just remember this story my grandfather told me.

he had never heard of parkay flooring before, it was the 60's, well someone asked for it to be put down. he had agreed to do the work. when the parkey flooring was delivered a dumptruck came and dumped an entire load of 1/2"x6" pieces of wood into the customers driveway. now that, was a hard job!

What kind of flooring you doing? true hardwood or like that pergo flooring???

True hardwood takes for----ever................

My house has that in it, needs to be sanded and refinished again, nice floor tho.

Yep true hardwood. It's gonna take me a while!!!:eek:

thou i feel the only hardwood floors i will ever have will be teak, i felt i should drop in and say this.

my grandfather, who was like my own father, did hardwood flooring. not just any hardwood, but hard wood floors in NJ and NYC. he had even done madison square garden a few times. thou i was not tought how to do it, as a child i had seen it done, and had hardwood floors in every section of every house we lived in.

that being said, make sure you have the right tools, and use REAL hardwood flooring,
it will outlast you.

and when you think you have it rough, just remember this story my grandfather told me.

he had never heard of parkay flooring before, it was the 60's, well someone asked for it to be put down. he had agreed to do the work. when the parkey flooring was delivered a dumptruck came and dumped an entire load of 1/2"x6" pieces of wood into the customers driveway. now that, was a hard job!

Yea that doesn't sound like a lot of fun, and I do know I don't want to do this for a living. But I have done worse for less.

I feel your pain Jess and I just laid some hardwood floor last weekend and slate the weeked before. It was my first time and I chose to make it even more difficult. I put down a hickory floor in saddle color and decided to trim it out in a handscraped chocolate maple. heres a quick pic still have alot of cleaning to do!
100_3852.jpg

I feel your pain Jess and I just laid some hardwood floor last weekend and slate the weeked before. It was my first time and I chose to make it even more difficult. I put down a hickory floor in saddle color and decided to trim it out in a handscraped chocolate maple. heres a quick pic still have alot of cleaning to do!
100_3852.jpg

Looks awesome!!! Mine is gunstock, and I'm just about finished with the livingroom and moving into the bedroom. It's fun stuff...

I will never forget the first time I sub contracted this out. Up until that time we used to do every thing "in house" as they say:burnout:. But damn.. 5 tiny Potuguese guys showed up an put down 5000 sf before days end!!.... Never again did we do it ourselves!!!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back