Harland Sharp roller rockers

blackmamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the Harland Sharp rockers fit on 2004 and up v10s and will they work with stock valve covers?:confused:

Someone posted that they have had problems with the Harland rockers breaking on there Viper somewhere on here the other day ...

You don't want them they have problems

ya goin by the one guys probs or ya know of other folks that have had probs with the rockers on the gen 3 engines?????

Watch that and see if u still want Harland sharp lol

yep. watched that twice. great looks at the failure.

i want to know what that piece of whatever is that was there when he looked down at the lifter

In my opinion... The piece referred to , is a part of the slack adjuster. It will have a socket for the ball end of the pushrod will fit in to. I think his pushrods were to short which allowed to much adjuster to protrude under the rocker . That created to much angle at the socket and with tue added spring pressure, caused a piece of the adjuster to fracture. And with all that adjuster sticking out the bottom allowed leverage at the threaded portion of the rocker which failed. The rockers will work under the valve covers if you remove the baffles near the PCV outlets , with a stock cam. I think adding the 710 cam required him to check the pushrod length and not just use the stock length. Sorry for the long post. And maybe I am wrong! Just giving Harland sharp the benefit of the doubt.

not enough info for me to condem a product.

is he just fixin the result & not fixin the cause is all i'm wonderin

if ya go to the Harland Sharp web site, they have the install instructions for our engines

I have them Tony just did the install... Have to use spacers to raise the valve covers then you can keep the baffles intact. I talked with someone in south fl who tried with stock covers and it busted his valve cover I had to sell him my spare set.

I have them Tony just did the install... Have to use spacers to raise the valve covers then you can keep the baffles intact. I talked with someone in south fl who tried with stock covers and it busted his valve cover I had to sell him my spare set.

how thick are the spacers????:dontknow:

We ran them for years no problems its all in the instalation you will hear the same about t an d jessel and others if they ate not properly installed you will have problems with any brand
But no harlands will not fit under oem covers on gen iii's

Everyone has there personal preference anwhys on rockers pistons rods an so on youll find good an bad in all of them do your homework make your own decision an dont base it off one persons opinion

Ive personally got no problem with them at all

If you have any questions boss you are more than welcome to call me and ill help in any way i can

Thanks Tony. I have a few questions. I will be contacting you in the future. I need to buy a few things.:burnout:

Anytime sir
You need at least a 3/4 spacer we usually cut ours one inch ours also use the oem gaskets on the head surface alot out there use bulk rope
Rock on fellas after ridin home from miles last nit its nap time again ha!

i had them on my black 10 for three years ,,as long as you measure the pushrods and make sure you have right length for your application you will have no problem ,,i even had them under stock valve covers ,, you have to remove the baffles and then on one end you have to grind down a rib on inside of covers a tad and they fit fine ,,,only problem i had is with baffles out it would get some oil in catch can because it would splash oil right up on outlet to catch can so best to use spacers to keep baffles ,,,
as far as the viper that had them break ,,if he installed an after market cam and did not double check pushrod length it was a mistake ,,anytime you install a custom cam you will have to use a different set of rods ,,,if anything else he should have installed a hardened set of pushrod because of the higher lift he was going to get

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back