Harley Davidson is 105 Years Old

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Events/105th_Coverage/landing.jsp?locale=en_US

Here is the bike that started it all:

firstharleydavidsonbike.jpg

You are a nasty and vile man...it does still sound the same...

I bet we both get hate mail!

Atilla and his wife were there last night!

Last edited:
Prof said:
Attil and his wife were there last night!
That's cool, I should have told him to bring me a souvenir, something like that new CVO Road Glide, mine's getting worn out hehehehe. Not really, but the miles are starting to add up on her. 90k for a 3 year old bike, and they have all been hard, make that really hard, miles.

My parents are down there on their harley.. 40,000 + bikes i guess.

Sorry guys, I just don't like the company. They are money grubbing peices of shit!!! 40 bucks for a tee shirt that says Harley and what dealership its from! Their motors are 'evolutionary', yea right, the liquid cooled motor has been around for 20 years. Its 200 bucks to mount a tire, any other place is 50. I'm as american as possible at all times, but when it comes to them, no way. They even tried to build their new plant non-union, but when all the hate mail rolled in, they changed their mind.
Sorry guys, it's just a horrible company.

Jeff Kehoe said:
Sorry guys, I just don't like the company. They are money grubbing peices of shit!!! 40 bucks for a tee shirt that says Harley and what dealership its from! Their motors are 'evolutionary', yea right, the liquid cooled motor has been around for 20 years. Its 200 bucks to mount a tire, any other place is 50. I'm as american as possible at all times, but when it comes to them, no way. They even tried to build their new plant non-union, but when all the hate mail rolled in, they changed their mind.
So is Lowe's.....I boycot tthose Bastards :D

Jeff Kehoe said:

You willingly pay Viper Truck prices but you bitch about Harley prices, whats the difference???

Jeff Kehoe said:

Jeff, the market sets the prices. If no one paid for those $40 tee shirts the price would come down. It is the essence of capitalism...you and I are the ones that create price...if you were selling the shirts your approach would be to sell at the highest viable market price...I hope. It is just who and what we are, prices are just consumer driven...

As for your comment about a union shop...well as a three time CEO I guess I will just abstain from that discussion.

hehe , that's life.... isn't it the ONLY company who made profits for the time it was founded , trough wars etc....?

PS i "sold "my Harley to my brother in law... just toooo many toys around... he wanted it bad.... ;) :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back