Has Anybody else had problem with B&M shifter?

BIG NANA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in Maxton, The shifter knob on my B&M handle snapped off as I was parking for the tech line... Has anybody else had that problem? Shold I call B&M? I've had it for over a year.

I've heard of x metal handles breaking, but not B&M's. I'd see if B&M would warranty it if I were you. What you got to lose?

i love my B&m on my 05'...the xmetal on my 04' feels like the stock shifter almost....i dont know what gen it is but i think its an old one...

thats weird about the handle....id go with what Sleeper said...got nothing to loose!

faslane505 said:
i love my B&m on my 05'...the xmetal on my 04' feels like the stock shifter almost....i dont know what gen it is but i think its an old one...

thats weird about the handle....id go with what Sleeper said...got nothing to loose!
Whats different about how the two shifters feel? Does the x metal have a longer handle. They both are the same B&M base.

B&M will replace the entire shifter thru the dealer you bought it from IF you have your original invoice.
Try a straight 8" Hurst lever on the B&M shifter, it is not too far away from you and looks cool as hell. (drill the two bolt holes one size larger)

SilvrSRT10 said:
There was someone else who broke the stock B&M handle and I think B&M makes a steel replacement. Here is the thread talking about it.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14159&highlight=shifter+handle

I was just gonna bring this up................nice post SilvrSRT10.

I would call B&M and let them know you just set the world record and their shifter broke at the starting line..............maybe they will send you a new one even if you dont have the fricken receipt from a year ago. Its worth a try!!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I was just gonna bring this up................nice post SilvrSRT10.

I would call B&M and let them know you just set the world record and their shifter broke at the starting line..............maybe they will send you a new one even if you dont have the fricken receipt from a year ago. Its worth a try!!

patrick

Great idea Patrick....

:dito:

Hey Fatjack, do you have a picture of your shifter? Does it still say hurst on the side? How does it shift?

i hope mine comes with a steel handle i just had one overnighted so i can use it this weekend

yes mine has snaped off..right at the bottom on the threads luckly i had just bought a tap and die set.... just ground the top down and re threaded it...and it's tight as hell now lol

Mine broke on the red truck when I put a Hurst pistol/finger grip handle on it.

B&M replaced it with a steel one, took about 3-4 weeks to get it back from them. I had to send them the broken one and the paperwork.

I took the stock factory Hurst handle and cut it down in the chop saw (probably 3")and drilled the 2 mounting holes in it and it works just dandy fine. Never did put the B&M handle back on after I recieved it.

I am going to cut another 2" off it the next time I have the boot off for something. I would like it a little shorter. That is with the tall Hurst handle/knob.

FSTJACK said:
Mine broke on the red truck when I put a Hurst pistol/finger grip handle on it.

B&M replaced it with a steel one, took about 3-4 weeks to get it back from them. I had to send them the broken one and the paperwork.

I took the stock factory Hurst handle and cut it down in the chop saw (probably 3")and drilled the 2 mounting holes in it and it works just dandy fine. Never did put the B&M handle back on after I recieved it.

I am going to cut another 2" off it the next time I have the boot off for something. I would like it a little shorter. That is with the tall Hurst handle/knob.

Ummmm Jack, was that when you were sitting in the truck in the driveway making vroom vroom noises practicing shifting????? :confused: :p

FATJACK said:
B&M will replace the entire shifter thru the dealer you bought it from IF you have your original invoice.
Try a straight 8" Hurst lever on the B&M shifter, it is not too far away from you and looks cool as hell. (drill the two bolt holes one size larger)

hey FATJACK. got a couple of photos of your 8" setup?????:congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back