Has anyone tried this....?

Yetti808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading on here about some really sick na builds with new heads ect.... So I am a engine builder with a full machine shop. But... I build bikes.. So.. Has anyone just had the stock heads reworked?? 5 angle valve job,pockets blended, ported, or even have bigger valves installed? Not that it's as EZ to just "install" but just saying... I have yet to even look the ports on my truck. Had it a month so far... But o believe they are already nice D ports.. So WHY new heads? But like I said I build bikes so they are already F1 technology off the showroom floor. So it cost about a grand per hp on a single cylinder. "motocross bike".
If anyone has stock reworked heads I would to hear about the results or opinions also. As I will be working over my own truck as I feel the viper is actually giving me something to work with here!! Thanks for your input!

i'm acctually gonna pull my 8.0 apart here in late may to work on the heads. id acctually trust a machine shop a little more than myself haha, if you get into millin heads let me know. i'd deffinatly pay for a good port and polishing.

there are several folks here that work the stock heads, with great results.

the Strikers are the next & only step up after the stock heads have been worked to do all they can

Last edited:
Milling is the EZ part lol. It's porting that I'm not sure the outcome just bc I've never looked at one lol. Never checked clearances on one but I'm sure there is plenty room to mill a good .020 but I really have not a clue at this point... I will know one day though after I get one on a stand and can cc and measure everything. So I can't do anyone's other than mine until I get some info. if you do the work the machine work will ad a lot of power for about a grand for valve job,porting and milling. Like the best grand ever spent type of power. With ported intake and tb too obviously..

For about half of new heads I can full titanium valves,beryllium seats and guides with lighter springs EZ. I can hear it now... Braap!!!! Not braaaaaap! Lol

haha well i been thinkin bout buyin another 8.0 to learn on. would it be worth pullin heads and havin em shipped to you? it would give you the chance to look em over.

I would need a whole motor unless you just tell me what you want taken off lol then it's on you lol

well, i might be gittin a motor comin up from florida... i was gonna have it shipped to my door but we might have to work somethin out haha

alot to be gained with porting and machine work on stock heads get a cam and good rrs to go along with it!!!

Greg Good does head work and they are stock heads////i run stock heads with port and polish work...i made 1365 whp

That's good to hear! Thanks. When I do I'll do it myself. It's it's good gains that will be a plus. If it's a little gain well it will be free lol. Ive gained a few skills with a die so hopefully good....

Yea I can't wait to do it. I would like to start doing some things like that on my off days. I like the heads from what I can tell. I think I can get a good increase in power all the way through the band. It's really the least expensive most improved mod a person can do.

Yeah but if the work is good id gladly pay to have it done haha. I was gonna do it myself but I've inpy ean a die grinder once before so...

Yeah but if the work is good id gladly pay to have it done haha. I was gonna do it myself but I've inpy ean a die grinder once before so...

Just find you a set of gen 3 viper heads and bolt them on, probably get more power out if thrm stock than porting your 8.0 heads

Arrestme.... Do you gave mods that are not listed?? Or are you just the worlds greatest with a clutch?

this help????

Attachments

• dcp_0660.jpg
    dcp_0660.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 36
don't know.

just a photo off a web site that does them

I doubt gen 3 heads will work on my iron block. I'd like a whole gen 2 top end but everybody swears up and down it wont fit

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back