Have you seen these?

ghosritr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a press release CD for the prototype SRT-10 truck. Have you ever seen these pics? (The CD states the pics can be reused; so I don't think I'm violating any copyright infringement.)

Here is what I see different from the prototype compared to the production vehicle; what else do you see?

FRONT: different wheels, placement of fog lights & gas door

377983.jpg

BED COVER: moulded wing & dual exhaust
377982.jpg

INTERIOR: seats, steering wheel, pedals & no shifter console

377981.jpg

Prototype seat had no side bolsters but look cushier....Dual exhaust outs on rear bumper fascia....an additional A/C vent over the glovebox.....(passenger side)...the prototype has no aluminum strip over that same spot...Different SRT10 marker on the outside doors...

D

Rick the pictures you have found were pre-production concept shots...they were the first pictures out of the SRT 10 truck concept. The first one you posted was published in 2003 and I fell in love with it...I was a little astonished when the production trucks were not exactly like it. But I got used to the changes...I still have those pictures on an old computer that I use in the garage. Nice seeing them again.

The addition of the wing made up for some of the disappointments.

RedSrt007 said:
No oil temp or pillar gauge, different intake system, and many under hood changes.
Damn, I like it when you use your X-Ray vision.:D ;)

the seats are the same as my hemi, so is the steering wheel, and the vents over the glovebox. the rear bumper is a roll pan, the front bumper is totally differant also. not really as special as the real srt's imo

Yeah those are cool pics. Like Prof said, I was stoked when I first saw them too. Then engine bay looked really different like Red said as well. I have some others deep inside this computor somewhere.

patrick

Cool video...Only thing i would have liked is dual exhaust each side...
Tonneau cover was pretty cool also...In all what i have now is definetly
a hand full...Badass truck for sure...:D

Production is definitely better than the prototype. :rock:

I like the rims and the tires that came stock. the front end looks meaner, and the rear wing don't look like a cheap piece of plastic from J.C. Whitney.

That is the truck that started me down this road...I do like the production model better than the prototype too.

What a trip it has been...

04 SRT 10 said:
Cool video...Only thing i would have liked is dual exhaust each side...
Tonneau cover was pretty cool also...In all what i have now is definetly
a hand full...Badass truck for sure...:D

I dunno! I was glad to see they didn't go with the traditional dual exhaust like 99% of all other trucks!:rock:

Just like the Lightning came out on one side!!

Marc T was the final straw in my pursuit of this truck...he lived about two miles from me and I kept seeing his truck...that was it...I had to have it...and I agree with his point of view...on the exhaust. Very unique.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back