Hazard Light Switch Broke.....?

DarkReign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was working on the truck the other night (installing a remote start) and I laid the drop light onto the hazard switch. While it was sitting there I accidentally hit the drop light and turned the hazard's on. Now the switch no longer clicks back into location so (unless I hold it down) my hazards stay on all the time. For the time being I've unplugged the hazard switch which is a pain cause now the wipers, turns or anything else on the stalk work. Anyone ever had this happen to them? Is there a way to fix it or is this a replace the hazard switch type of ordeal?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like replacement is the only way.

That's kind of what I'm figuring on, but I at least wanted to see if it was maybe something that happened frequently on the trucks and was repairable.

Do you happen to know if the steering wheel needs removed to install the multi-function switch?

Does it look like anything is broken? Can you post a picture?
That's why tecs call them "trouble lights". Lol
The other problem with using the lights inside of a vehicles interior is heat. Seen plenty of things melted by them over the years. Years ago I bought a Snap On fluorescent light just for working inside a vehicle.

No you don't have to.

Does it look like anything is broken? Can you post a picture?
That's why tecs call them "trouble lights". Lol
The other problem with using the lights inside of a vehicles interior is heat. Seen plenty of things melted by them over the years. Years ago I bought a Snap On fluorescent light just for working inside a vehicle.

I'll post a picture tonight when I get home but nothing looks broken. I have a feeling it's the internal mechanism that locks it into location the bit the dust.

Lol, I can remember early on working on cars with my dad in the garage before fluorescent lights became available/affordable, making sure not to place any piece of the housing of the drop light, except for the hook to hang it on, on any interior piece........ya know, unless burnt interior stuff was what you were going for :D

But the drop light I used when working on the truck was a fluorescent light, heck not even enough heat output to warm my hands in the freezing cold with this thing :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back