Head Porting Info

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some of the spec's as I know them for my ported heads (by PBJ Performance).

I beleive OEM Gen III heads have 2.0 intake valve and 1.58 exhaust valves. Stock heads flow about 268 cfm @ .600 lift and 28" H20

PBJ After Spec's:
*I don't have these in written form yet. This is what I recall from going over the numbers with Joe verbally, in the shop yesterday.

2.02 Intake valves/1.60 exhaust valves
Deck milled to achieve approx 10:1 compression ratio
Rocker gear upgraded to T&D rollers
Comp LS1 Performance Bee hive valve springs (to achieve proper geometry)

Flow - 316 cfm @ 28" H20

I have been told that the Strikers and Greg Goode heads flow about 320 cfm. I am spending considerable less money than buying either one of those setups, so I am extremely pleased. :rock:

Sounds great! :rock:

What is the cost for the heads? If you don't mind sharing? :eek:

THANKS!

rreinicherr said:
Sounds great! :rock:

What is the cost for the heads? If you don't mind sharing? :eek:

THANKS!
You''d need to get an exact quote from Joe. But you can figure about $1500 for the port and polish. Plus your parts...valves, springs, locks, retainers, etc..
Should be under 2K total.

I think Greg Goode and Indy Cylinder Head each get around $3500.

How much milling can be done to increase power? I know this was done since the stone age on small block chevys to increase power, but how much of an advantage can be gained for our application?

RedSrt007 said:
10:1 ....I'm assuming you don't plan on going F/I anytime soon :D
No F/I for me........maybe just a wee little shot of juice if I need it to get into the 11s. :p

RedRamRules said:
How much milling can be done to increase power? I know this was done since the stone age on small block chevys to increase power, but how much of an advantage can be gained for our application?

I'm gonna be at about 10:1. I wouldn't go much higher than that.

:burnout:

Last edited:
I have thought about a nice NA build for a while. For a QC, I think 525-550 at the wheels would be possible with the right parts and efficiency. Aside from JH, who makes a stroker kit for the gen III?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back