Headed to orlando.......

Haeusser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading down to orlando next week, any suggestions? We are thinking sea world, universal studios, gatorland, don garlits museum and one day at the beach.

-josh

Haeusser said:
Heading down to orlando next week, any suggestions? We are thinking sea world, universal studios, gatorland, don garlits museum and one day at the beach.

-josh

Those are good places. The Garlits museum is in Ocala, about an hour or so away.

Should be a good time to visit, most of the summer crowd is gone and the Brazilians haven't started their fall trek yet.

Consider taking in one of the dinner shows too, they can be a lot of fun. There is; The Pirates Dinner Adventure, Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, and a Mystery Dinner Theater show.

Check out Billy Boy's website for discount tickets: http://www.greatorlandodiscounts.com/

Where are you staying?

You can check out Downtown Disney too. That doesn't cost you to get in. Shopping, dining, bars (night life), Shows, Cirque du Soleil — La Nouba.

any suggestions on hotels? were looking at the starwood downtown. What's a hotel with a balcony overlooking the city? I would really like to get a nice "NOT SUPER EXPENSIVE" hotel, we'll be there for a week.

SilvrSRT10 said:
You can check out Downtown Disney too. That doesn't cost you to get in. Shopping, dining, bars (night life), Shows, Cirque du Soleil — La Nouba.
Just did this last weekend, not bad at all :rock:

Haeusser said:
sucks eh? any gator farms worth seeing?
There was this one that offered two events. Two for the price of one.
Sky diving and Gator encounter. Never heard anything bad said about it.:dontknow:
OhSh__T.jpg

Last edited:
Haeusser said:
sucks eh? any gator farms worth seeing?

If you feel up to a drive to Miami, you can always go on the airboat tours. :dontknow: Gonna be a 3-4 hour drive though.

SilvrSRT10 said:
There was this one that offered two events. Two for the price of one.
Sky diving and Gator encounter. Never heard anything bad said about it.:dontknow:
OhSh__T.jpg

:ahhhhh:

wesalbert said:
If you feel up to a drive to Miami, you can always go on the airboat tours. :dontknow: Gonna be a 3-4 hour drive though.

There are airboat rides at Boggy Creek, right here in Orlando. Usually see some gators there.

Actually, I didn't think that Gatorland was too bad for the money. It's a cheap way to spend an afternoon. The park is well kept, and there are plenty of gators and other critters to see. There are plenty of photo opportunities.

Wish I could help with hotels, I don't spend much time in them here in Orlando... :D :p

My family stayed at the Enclave and seemed to enjoy it. And, if my sister was staying there, it probably wasn't expensive. Right off of International drive too.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing air boat rides down near Medieval times

wesalbert said:
Now that you mention it, I remember seeing air boat rides down near Medieval times
I think that place you rent the air boat and go out in it but its a lawn mower engine, (still pretty cool to do) but ya plenty of places real close to Orlando to get air boat rides but I have always enjoyed Gator land

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back