Header Install Question

Evans SRT10

Reaction score
I just installed a new set of Billy Boat long tube headers today and my question is........I had a hell of a time getting them all lined up (bolt holes) due to them not having connected flanges. The gaskets are also all separate for each cylinder. I ended up installing them without the gaskets after almost having a brain anurism:dontknow: trying to get them in. I used to run headers on my old Fords and a couple Chevys and never used gaskets and never noticed any leaks. Do you think it will be ok on these engines having aluminuim heads. Any input would be great.

never heard of it bein done like that.

since they are dissimilar metals, might be a prob.

the best gaskets are the OEM MLS gaskets

would usin 2 to 4 guide studs help ya????

never heard of it bein done like that.

since they are dissimilar metals, might be a prob.

the best gaskets are the OEM MLS gaskets

would usin 2 to 4 guide studs help ya????

:dito::dito:

You will need gaskets. Get the oem mopar gaskets, they are best IMO. I've used the ones billy boat sent, had to replace several of them. Also using the mopar one will aid in the install being that they are one piece.

Sounds like studs are your best option. the studs will hold the gasket while you reef the tubes over the studs one at a time. With the price of the Billy Boats you would think it would be easy!

Thanks for the info. My local NAPA has Fel-Pro gaskets in stock for $16.00 for the set. Plus they are all connected, hell for that price I'll give them a try. Plus with the studs it will be a breeze.......dont know why I didnt think of that.:confused:

Thanks for the info. My local NAPA has Fel-Pro gaskets in stock for $16.00 for the set. Plus they are all connected, hell for that price I'll give them a try. Plus with the studs it will be a breeze.......dont know why I didnt think of that.:confused:

The felpro's are shit on our trucks. Listen to the advice that you've been given and get the factory gaskets from dodge.

The felpro's are shit on our trucks. Listen to the advice that you've been given and get the factory gaskets from dodge.

or get them from Tony or Dragon or Moparconnection or Justin or Sean :rock::congrats:

Last edited:
Will do!! In fact in gonna try and order them tonight. I see ROE carries them and Tony, but the ones Tony has on his site look like there from Belenger so I will do some more searching for OEM gaskets.......I definatly love this forum. I have gotten so much advise and help on here so thanks to all.:rock::rock::rock::congrats::congrats:

You are very welcome. Just keep the membership dues paid up ! Lol

And please bro, don't ever mount any manifold or header without the gaskets! A lot of work just to have to tear it back apart to install gaskets. It will leak and it will cause electrolysis between the dissimilar metals and the alum head will give before the steel header:(
It will basically dissolve the aluminum :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back