Header Issue

Muzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Bassani's on for exactly one week now. I popped the hood today to put in my new grille and noticed a roughly 2" x 2" area on the driver side header where the ceramic coating is missing (I'll see if I can get some pics up later). It was there when I put them on. It looks as though it flaked off. I can feel a definite ridge between where the coating is and where it is missing.

This really bums me out since I spent close to $1k for a set of headers and now the coating has flaked off. Anyone deal with Bassani's warranty before? The coating is warranted for as long as I own the truck against "defects".

High temperature ceramic coating on Automotive headers is warranted against de-bonding and tube "rust through" for as long as the original purchaser shall own the vehicle on which it was originally installed; superficial surface rusting of header coating, especially between tubes, is considered normal and therefore not warranted as a defect in materials and workmanship.

Would you guys consider this de-bonding? I plan on contacting them on Monday to see what they will do.

Thanks
-Muzzy

I'm sure that they will stand behind them. It's just a hassle to remove, And re-install. Good luck man.

J.R.

Havent had any issues like that with mine. I am sure they will warranty the header and send you a new one.

Annu Kumar said:
Oh By the way How long does it take to Install The Bassani's?

It took me a total of about 4 hours. That includes taking off the wheels, wheel well liners, and steering shaft joint. I tend to putt a little since I am meticulous how things are put together. I would definitely get the Stage 8 bolts. Well worth the money since the bolt head is smaller, so it is easier to get wrenches and sockets on them. Plus the bonus of never having to worry about losing a bolt. I was able to reuse the stock gaskets, but I had to piece a few of the layers together that came apart. If you want new stock ones, I would order them ahead of times since they don't seem to be stocked locally (at least by me).

-Muzzy

P.S. I will let everyone know what Bassani says on Monday when I call them.

Mine are new.... and have done this too. It looks like where two pipes cross, the added heat right near the flange causes the header coating to look powdery. I'll post a pic soon. It doesn't look nice.

I spoke with Bassani today about the warranty. They stated the coating is warranted for the life of the vehicle and it would be covered. However, it will be close to a month before I get it back. I have to pull the header off tonight, box it up, and ship it to them tomorrow. Once they have it, they send it out to get recoated, which takes about 10 days. Then they will ship it back. They only cover ground unless I want to pay extra. To sum things up, 3days there, 10 days to get coated, and 3-4 days back. That is roughly three weeks at the minimum my truck will be down :( .

-Muzzy

that sucks about the wait time but at least they stand behing them.

Muzzy said:
I spoke with Bassani today about the warranty. They stated the coating is warranted for the life of the vehicle and it would be covered. However, it will be close to a month before I get it back. I have to pull the header off tonight, box it up, and ship it to them tomorrow. Once they have it, they send it out to get recoated, which takes about 10 days. Then they will ship it back. They only cover ground unless I want to pay extra. To sum things up, 3days there, 10 days to get coated, and 3-4 days back. That is roughly three weeks at the minimum my truck will be down :( .

-Muzzy
It seems to me like they would want to ship you a new header right out, And take the other one out of the coaters budget. After all it is not like it's your fault.:dontknow:

J.R.

3 weeks,,,,,damn. I would think they could do better than that...... but glad they are working things out for you

Tell em you can not have your vehicle down for that long, tell em its your daily driver... if you need I can give you the email address of the guy I dealt with...

Scott.

I already got it shipped off this morning. I am hoping that being nice about it will get it through a little quicker. Here is a pick of the area:

SRT10_header2.jpg

-Muzzy

On the subject of headers.. my ceramic coating on mine has lost its nice smooth shiny surface, to a rough, sandpapery type surface...

It would be nice if the had some sort of care instructions on maintaining the finish so they stay looking nice.

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
It would be nice if the had some sort of care instructions on maintaining the finish so they stay looking nice.

-Muzzy

I just got off the phone with Sheldon @ Bassani, and he said that something like softsoap will work to bring back the lustre to the finish, they call this bleed through... and if it becomes to a point where it wont go away, they will replace the headers.

I also found some stuff on Jegs.com, that is supposed to work... I bought a can of it.. and it smells sorta like a strong softsoap, and it supposed to also bring back the polish of discolored ceramic coatings.

Car Chemistry Ceramic Coated Header Polish

Thanks for the info. I will have to pick some up.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back