Header/Steering Problem

Not as of yet, Troy. I'm still in the scratching my head phase of this one so far..

Da1Chief said:
IF you hit one hammer with another Please make sure you have safety glasses on. You are hitting one Case Hardened hammer with another, if one of them chips, it comes off like a bullet and will go into the skin... Don't need to ask how I know...

If you have a Round Head Metal Dolly it is best to use it and hit it with a hammer.... :) Just a safety note....

And in keeping with all safety rules.... Make sure you disconnect the Battery :D

Good point i should of warned him but with the header red hot you shouldnt have to but tap on the hammer... but good warning put glasses on anyways

You could mark the header where it needs to be dimpled, take of the header, heat it up with a torch and then dimple it where needed. The Jet Hot coating might even stay on. You could run it for a while and if in a year or so it starts to rust where the dimple is, just send that header back off to get it re-coated.

Oh, and like everyone else said, no running with scissors, etc....

I am wondering if I dimple it whether the coating would stay on. The bolt head has already marked the header but how deep it would have to be dimpled will be trial and error I guess.

It looks like the bolt is the problem. If it was a tad shorter and the haed was smaller it would clear. Check to see if a button head cap screw of the same grade or better would work. Also a 12 point bolt head might allow clearance. Be sure the grade is the same or better. Check at an industrial supply or aircraft parts house or even a manufacturer. They may even send it as a sample.

Scott, why not call B&B and simply ask them how much it would cost for them to fix it? What's the worst they are going to tell you "F" Off or $2000. They can't even say that if you don't ask... Heck they may do it for just a few dollars... Who Knows... :)

turn the bolt around so the nut is on the other side;) no just grind down the end dont dent the headers

I will ask B&B if there's anything they can do. They 've bound to have seen this at least once before. I am also thinking about modifying the steering assembly or the bolt, rather, also. I would hate to have to dent the tube, but I need to be able to steer..lol

Hey man, I had the same issue with my B&B's as well. just remove that bolt and grind a little off of each end reinstall, check the clearance and you should be ok. At least it worked for me. Good luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back