headers+high flow cat's + oem cat back

Bhpaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because we have some problems here in Europe with melting OEM cat's i'm looking out to buy a Belanger Lt set with high flow cat's.
I would bolt this to the OEM catback. OEM because i don't want to make to much noise; after all is is a company truck. :)
My only concern is what this will do to the power in the lower revs. I don't want to lose what i have now and end up with a high rev power peaking engine.
What i do feel now is that there is not too much fire in the hole once the 4500 rpm are passed...
So in the low rev's it should stay as it is and in the high revs some gain would be nice.
Can Belanger LT + cat's and oem cat back make that happen ?
I know the set up is not spectacular but i live in a country where tuning an engine is a crime... So i want to gain but keep a low profile.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and reactions.

the melting off the cats is because many of us not driving fuel , but LPG (liquid propane gas) , and the engine runs a little hotter then normal , also the exhaust-fumes get a little hotter on LPG.

i have already the 170° thermostat for helping this problem a bit...:dontknow:

the only good thing to avoid this melting is driving catless..:D
but thats not allowed here in Belgium...:mad:

SRT-10 as a work truck nice, the header will help on the top end and you won't lose anything in the lower rpm range. The Belangers are great due to his tri-y design which I think scavenges the exhaust pulses better

the melting off the cats is because many of us not driving fuel , but LPG (liquid propane gas) , and the engine runs a little hotter then normal , also the exhaust-fumes get a little hotter on LPG.

i have already the 170° thermostat for helping this problem a bit...:dontknow:

the only good thing to avoid this melting is driving catless..:D
but thats not allowed here in Belgium...:mad:

Well well, stranger, also here ? :hello:
I know about the LPG and i'd like to avoid melted cat's but still have them for official reasons...

I'm not quite sure that a 170° thermostat will help a lot in exhaust gas temperature...

the header will help on the top end and you won't lose anything in the lower rpm range. The Belangers are great due to his tri-y design which I think scavenges the exhaust pulses better

thanks, that is music in my ears (i mean "eyes" in this case)

I have a similar setup, you will love it, if you want it quiet stay with the OEM catback,
I went with the mopar/borla and it's got the right sound for me and no drone!

Well well, stranger, also here ? :hello:

since 2008...:rock:
pm me for details for the setup , maybe i'll join for buying.

je kan ook gewoon een pm sturen int vlaams hè...:D

Close to installing the headers and cat's now.
Only one big question remains:
Does anybody now the best way to reroute the transmission shift cable on a QC.
From what i hear it gets in the way for the headers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back