Headlights & taillights

1koolkat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about swapping out stock headlights & taillights, let's see what you guys have changed out to.

I have been thinking about swapping my originals out as well when I put it back together but I worry about the quality of some of these odd ball companies.

lights off.
2012-05-05_15-03-07_172.jpg

parking lights on
2012-05-05_15-03-38_554.jpg

lights on
2012-05-05_15-04-08_903.jpg

little closer up
IMG_20120429_173214.jpg

Clear (no orange turn reflector) with blue halos

Black (no orange turn reflector)

I have been thinking about swapping my originals out as well when I put it back together but I worry about the quality of some of these odd ball companies.

I have had a couple sets on my 06 as well as a couple on my 04. Aftermarkets are cheap. Because of this, expect to replace them eventually.
On my 06, the night runner clones the clear coat peeled off, and another set leaked.
On my 04, the headlights lights leaked and the foglights leaked. I have had 2 sets of fogs and need to buy another.
Lesson learned: Seal them up better before installing them.

reason i went with our one vendor here his name is just a number but its retro solutions i think is the name. the headlights are great quality and they are 100% custom built the way you want them.

reason i went with our one vendor here his name is just a number but its retro solutions i think is the name. the headlights are great quality and they are 100% custom built the way you want them.

Do you know if he starts with OEM housings or aftermarket?

Either way you want I think, does nice work for sure.

yeah i think he will build either way. you can send in your factory housings or he will use after markets and rip them apart and removes all factory sealant and puts on fresh new sealant. mine are 2-3 years old so far and not the slightest issue. he sells bulbs with them but i already had hid kits from xenon depot so i kept them for these. but really good quality and the guy is great to deal with and even with some shipping issues he always took care of me. couldnt ask for more

LED smoked tails, I have installed a smoked 3rd brake light

'08 Headlights, no amber strip

Wow, I just realized I haven't posted a pic of my truck here in forever.... photo shoot time!

LED smoked tails, I have installed a smoked 3rd brake light

Hey, it looks like that black rubber piece under both of your headlights is tucked under instead of pulled out over the front of headlight. Does it not work with the '08 model lights, or am I just wrong? :dontknow:

He just has them in wrong and I believe those are 07 lights.

No they are '08 head lights and no you are right, I put them rubber inside because I forgot what it was before came in that night asked and pulled rubbers out the next morning.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back