Headlights

jj2329

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to black out the inside of my headlights. I was hoping that anyone who has done this could send me info on the correct procedure as far as how long to bake headlights, best paint to use, what kind of sealer when putting them back together, etc. Appreciate any help guys.

8-12 minutes at 180 degrees. May have to do it multiple times if you don't get it pulled apart immediately after removing from the oven. You can use any kind of paint but don't paint the reflector portion of the headlights!! I use clear silicone sealer but you also have to make sure you clean the old sealer off to make sure the new sealer sets up properly.

Can you use like spray paint can or is there a better paint to use?

You can use spray paint, but if you have the equipment to spray it with better paint the result will be better.

Yupp make sure you prep well. I stripped the chrome off with oven cleaner then sanded

Great idea here! Better chance of the paint adhering if the chrome is not there any more.

Or buy these like I did for $85 shipped on Amazon, came with all new bulbs too......best pic I have.....P1010004.JPG

X2. I would recommend depot lights. OEM look fraction of the cost. Easily opened, and still have original lamps in case things go wrong with paint or opening. Make damn sure not to get that sealant on anything. Best of luck!

the problem with cheap ebay headlights is the clear coat on them. they dont last long before starting to haze. they are also not sealed up all the way. they tend to leak as well. if you choose to buy a set of aftermarket lights stick with depo or tyc .

well if he in fact does...can he give me a mounting method of TL's in an 06 housing? Been racking my brain...put on the backburner for 5 months! :reddy:

not to sound like a dick but dont waste your time with them. you can get projectors that fit the h13 socket and the cut off line will be perfect. plus you can put a shroud to make them look nice. you can do that with the tl projectors.

if your set on using the tl ones you have to get longer screws and drill 4 holes threw the lens bucket . its a pain in the ass to get them straight. but can be done .

Zoom in and see these. I did them a few years back. I wasn't crazy about the look but light output was ridiculous.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back