HEADLINER REMOVAL?

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iS THIS NEEDED TO RUN SATTELLITE ANTENNA WIRE FROM BACK OF ROOF
TO RADIO? CAN IT BE SNAKED THROUGH? IF NOT THEN HOW DOES HEADLINER COME OFF ?
(DONT WANT TO DESTROY INTERIOR!)
TIA

STEVE :confused:

You've got to remove the sunvisors and the plastic clips that hold them in place. The overhead console. All the hanger clips across the back of the cab and the side pieces where the seatbelt adjuster is. Then it should just drop down. There are some wires glued to it so it won't come out all the way. You may be able to drop one side and route your wire that way. I've done this a couple times trying to find a rattle that was in the drivers side curtain airbag. Drove me crazy. But I got it. This is on a RC. It may be more involved on the QC.
All the plastic clips are two piece. You pull the center (outside) piece down and it should allow you to remove it from the truck. I had one that was a MF. Had to pry and twist it to get it to cooperate.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
You've got to remove the sunvisors and the plastic clips that hold them in place. The overhead console. All the hanger clips across the back of the cab and the side pieces where the seatbelt adjuster is. Then it should just drop down. There are some wires glued to it so it won't come out all the way. You may be able to drop one side and route your wire that way. I've done this a couple times trying to find a rattle that was in the drivers side curtain airbag. Drove me crazy. But I got it. This is on a RC. It may be more involved on the QC.
All the plastic clips are two piece. You pull the center (outside) piece down and it should allow you to remove it from the truck. I had one that was a MF. Had to pry and twist it to get it to cooperate.
Yeah I have a RC. Thanks for your help!

steve

you get it down stev? i need to drop mine to do a little mod ive been wanting to do for a while. let me know....if its not hard ill do it myself...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back