Heater Core

SergioL.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the heater cores ever go out and leak in these trucks?
I'm thinking about blocking it off to prevent a future puddle in the passenger side. I sure as hell don't need a heater in Tx. I always do this in old square body Chevy's.

Never heard of a heater core failure in our trucks.

:dito::dito:

but if ya decide to do it. be sure to keep the oil cooler in the loop:rock:

I would do that by routing the coolant lines: engine-cooler-and back to the engine right?
Since it's not a common failure I guess I will leave it, I thought it would clean up the look under the hood a little bit and reduce front end weight with a little less hose/coolant. It's good to have it anyways, I can turn the heater on full blast if the truck ever over heats on the highway for some reason so I can try to limp it home.

Last edited:
One way to keep them healthy is to turn the heater on high 3-4 times a year for a few minutes so the coolant can circulate and it gets a fresh shot of rust inhibiters

One way to keep them healthy is to turn the heater on high 3-4 times a year for a few minutes so the coolant can circulate and it gets a fresh shot of rust inhibiters

FYI, man.

if the engine is runnin, coolant is circulatin through the heater core. the blend doors do the hot & cold thingy.

heater cut off valves is "old school". man, that makes me feel old, lol

FYI, man.

if the engine is runnin, coolant is circulatin through the heater core. the blend doors do the hot & cold thingy.

No ****?... logged into the brain for future reference.

FYI, man.

Ok, Now I'm going to take my walker and go sit in the corner.........:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back