Heater Treater

ViperCLKGTR

Reaction score
I saw a thread a little farther down and didn't want to hi-jack his thread. WE ALL KNOW that Dodge makes a horrible A/C. Every time I look it up the Heater Treater fix is mentioned. I was looking to see if anyone here has gotten it done?

I know mine are partially broken and dealing with the defrost this winter was a little aggravating but bearable after learning the trick but this summer we're already in the 100's with a 100% humidity and it only gets hotter each day. Looking for a sub $800-1k dealer fix.

I think it depends on what doors are not working. From what I read the blend air doors are tied together and work off the drivers control only. For the re circulation door it can be removed through the opening for the blower motor. I have seen an adjustable valve that go's between the heater core & hoses. This allows you to control how much hot coolant enters it. More flow more heat. Chrysler used a non adjustable version for years & it worked super except when the valve leaked. Running AC only closed the valve to keep heat out of the box.

Blend door is completely different problem but when I first got my 05 I took it back to the dealer as one side blew colder than the other...passenger side was remarkably warmer. Dealer did a few things and while it was better it was not satisfactory. Ended up seeing a independent AC mechanic who knew immediately the problem. He said it was common issue with Dodge vehicles. Apparently the spec for the amount of refrigerant from the factory is too low. My AC blows plenty cold on both sides now to handle Phx AZ warmest days.

Had the same issue with my 06 when I got it. Passenger was warmer than the driver and feared the dreaded door issue. As I switched the controls around you could feel the volume of air change which told me the doors were working so I had the Freon checked and talked the guy into bumping up the volume without going over the recommended pressure on the high side. Since then she blows cold on both side and the wife is happy. I did have the recirculation door break since then and it took about 90 minutes to change it. The toughest part is pulling out the Amp for the stereo.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back