"Hellcat" powered SRT Ram 1500?????

If they put that Hellcat package in an air ride crew cab 4x4, I think I would be parting with the 10!! ...............:-(........ Maybe! LOL

Wouldn't it be more cost affective to just go with the N/A 8.4???

SRT already said they do not want the Viper motor in any other vehicle other than their flagship this time. But an SRT8 Ram with the hellcat would be a blast and then mod from there..........Be easy to get over 700hp+.

Probably be over $60,000 to start though......

I know, go figure.........It's that $100,000+++ price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one I looked at in south Austin had a market adjustment of $60k.
Total price tag of $220k if I remember correctly.
This was in October of 2013.

Thats just stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $220k for a Viper??????

They can't even sell enough Vipers to keep producing them.

SRT needs to pull their heads out of their asses.. (YOU HERE ME RALPH!!). This is what got them in trouble before... this may be a shocker to everyone but our economy still sucks!!! It's nice that Vipers are so "individual" but the reason Corvettes don't have this problem is because some of the parts are carry-overs from one model to the next (base, Z06, ZR1), hence buildability and costs are a little more favorable for GM. My point being that instead of building a sub-model Viper (I know there are variations of Vipers) it seems that it would be cost affective for them to use that engine in another vehicle!!! The more they mass produce the 8.4 the more cost affectively they could build the Viper.... But no, let's revolutionize the industry with a new motor...... :dontknow:

SRT needs to pull their heads out of their asses.. (YOU HERE ME RALPH!!). This is what got them in trouble before... this may be a shocker to everyone but our economy still sucks!!! It's nice that Vipers are so "individual" but the reason Corvettes don't have this problem is because some of the parts are carry-overs from one model to the next (base, Z06, ZR1), hence buildability and costs are a little more favorable for GM. My point being that instead of building a sub-model Viper (I know there are variations of Vipers) it seems that it would be cost affective for them to use that engine in another vehicle!!! The more they mass produce the 8.4 the more cost affectively they could build the Viper.... But no, let's revolutionize the industry with a new motor...... :dontknow:

^^^^This makes a helluva lot of sense to a "little guy $" Viper fan like me!

I've looked at several Gen V's. They didn't seem overpriced until I crammed myself into one. The fit and finish was ok and the materials seemed nice. But, the car was built for someone 4-5" shorter than me, and I'm not that tall (6'4). Combine that with the facts that they are now in the price range of a lightly used Scuderia, GTR, etc, and it was suddenly much less appealing. I also got the feeling that I was looking at a very "warmed over" Gen 3/4 chassis, as opposed to the all new chassis we were promised.

Nice write up, Boss. Summed up a lot of truths in a couple paragraphs.

I've looked at several Gen V's. They didn't seem overpriced until I crammed myself into one. The fit and finish was ok and the materials seemed nice. But, the car was built for someone 4-5" shorter than me, and I'm not that tall (6'4). Combine that with the facts that they are now in the price range of a lightly used Scuderia, GTR, etc, and it was suddenly much less appealing. I also got the feeling that I was looking at a very "warmed over" Gen 3/4 chassis, as opposed to the all new chassis we were promised.

I could be wrong but I don't think the viper has ever had an all new chassis, think the gen v should start out around 75 and the TA/ACR up around 100k. When it came out it offered exotic performance for about half the money

They need to sell two po mans versions of the viper one with base 6.4 and one with a supercharged 6.4 Hemi so they can compete with gm numbers . Or better yet use the Mopar aluminum Hemi block (100lbs lighter ).

Sorry Chris, I think I'm responsible for the thread derailment.... wasn't my intention. Was just trying to say it would make more sense to use the 8.4 if they were entertaining the idea of making another sport truck! :embarassed:

I hear you but the 8.4 looks like it will stay in the Viper only this time, but an SRT8 Ram would be cool to see, the R/T's are nice themselves.......and under $30,000.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back