Hellcat won't survive through 2019

There is a *used* (2400 miles) black Hellcat challenger in Foley AL and they are asking 71k.

The price just amazes me...

hellcat.jpg

Last edited:
It's the 80's all over again
As my 16th birthday approached gas went over a dollar a gallon and the horse power per cubic and plummeted

Ha, ha, when I first went WOT I paid 21 cents per gallon. But----ain't the cost of fuel that will will be the demise of the mega HP engines but the EPA, the political correct that brings us a false global warming. Oh well, by the time they get around to completely ruining our society with their non-provable "I invented the internet" crapola I will be winging it thru the clouds.

There is a hellcat listed on craigslist, forget where. The last 3 of the vin are 666 and he wants $101k because of the vin #.

What a shame. It's gonna be exciting to buy a muscle car with a 6 cylinder. One reason other companies get so much power out of theirs overseas is the quality of parts and labor I think. Their motors are more $$$ to build and maintain I feel. I guess my 10 and my R/T gas guzzling Durango will be my last vehicle purchases. :D

This sucks, the greater ramifications of this is the fact that were loosing the V8. Im not worried about hp dropping that wont happen, as stated you can make power with turbo 6's but that is not what we want.

One the great things about the v8 was the sound it make. I wonder when GM is going to say they are doing away with there v8's as well. Ford already started years ago with there ecoboost trend which ironically doesn't give there trucks any more mpg then there v8.

and Fords "supercar" now is a V6 as well. :mad:

looks like chrysler is going back to the 80's again, crappy cars that no one wants, using decals to compensate for horsepower.

i remember being so excited at the Daytona turbo Z coming out then read an article on what it would take to run with a rustang and craparo, it would of taken 3-5 grand more than the other two cost. and Mopar wonders why they are # 3 or4 or 5 in the market

looks like chrysler is going back to the 80's again, crappy cars that no one wants, using decals to compensate for horsepower.

i remember being so excited at the Daytona turbo Z coming out then read an article on what it would take to run with a rustang and craparo, it would of taken 3-5 grand more than the other two cost. and Mopar wonders why they are # 3 or4 or 5 in the market

Bullshit! I had a new 1985 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 package (had Vet wheels/4 wheel disc) 5.0L H. O. (never found out what that actually meant but it really wasn't high-performance. Years later I read somewhere it was just a regular station wagon engne) 4-barel 5-speed transmission. I got my ass kicked by so many stage 1 turbo Mopars it wasn't funny. O it was a pig on gas also.
The only good part was it picked up the chicks. Lost twice to my buddy's 1971 Cuda 383 slap stick car but I still went home with the hot chick.

Bullshit! I had a new 1985 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 package (had Vet wheels/4 wheel disc) 5.0L H. O. (never found out what that actually meant but it really wasn't high-performance. Years later I read somewhere it was just a regular station wagon engne) 4-barel 5-speed transmission. I got my ass kicked by so many stage 1 turbo Mopars it wasn't funny. O it was a pig on gas also.
The only good part was it picked up the chicks. Lost twice to my buddy's 1971 Cuda 383 slap stick car but I still went home with the hot chick.

H.O = High Output

High output it was not! It also had a massive vibration over 85 miles an hour. Dealer that sold me the piece of crap said nothing we can do about it. The 4- wheel disc brakes would lock up the LF & RR. The other 2 wheels did little to nothing. Once again the dealer tells me no problem found. That was the last GM I ever owned.

well i remember the stang going 14.8-15.5, the camaro going 15.0-15.5 and the daytona running 16+ showroom stock. maybe it was just the driver??:D:dontknow:

well i remember the stang going 14.8-15.5, the camaro going 15.0-15.5 and the daytona running 16+ showroom stock. maybe it was just the driver??:D:dontknow:

No. I seldom lost (in Mexico) with my 1983&1987 Shelby cars and they took skill to launch. Only had the GLHS to Island one time. I will admit being my first time I did poorly. Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back