Help bolts from the mids flange to manifold

ninj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having some issues with the flang bolts from the mids to manifold. The bolts are free spinning and I tried to hold the from the back but cant losen them. Im thinking about just cutting the bolts, what would be the best way to go about this. Its a 04 rc

I had the same problem on my 04. I ended up holding with some vise grip and hitting it with my impact and broke one of the bolts and the rest I was able to get out. If you can cut them that might be easier.

I tried the vice grips on one but I was not sure if I would be able to get the rest of them like that. Im thinking about cutting them but not sure how I should do it.

I remember there's one I think on the passenger side that was hard to get to. I think I found a wrench that fit on the square nut.

I just did my exhaust and had the same issue. I was able to pry down the retainer with a screw drive then pinch the retainer flat against the exhaust manifold flange to get a 9/16 wrench on the square nuts and was able to back them off. I also "Kroiled" the hardware a day before I removed the exhaust which helped.

Good luck,

Butch

Cut mine off with torches. Quick and easy.

used a cut off wheel on my die grinder on mine.

used an used wheel, small dia.

passenger side is tight for sure

Might help if you spray them with liquid wrench to help loosen them up. Let'em soak for about 30 min.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back