Help me spend some $$$$$

7O7SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about $600 of extra spending cash and was thinking about the best bang for your buck mod for my 05 QC. I have it tuned by Torrie and magnapack mufflers .. I was thinking about a set of gibson shortys??? all input would be greatly appreciated.:D

Don't waist your money on headers. Delete your rear cats and get a crank pulley and throttle body ....

headers a waist of money ... ya $500 for 15 hp is not cheap. I like the throttle body idea,but that is just a quicker throttle response right?? I just got my registraton paper work today and the truck needs a smog :argh: so since im in CA I will have to smog it first before I do the rear cat delete??

headers a waist of money ... ya $500 for 15 hp is not cheap. I like the throttle body idea,but that is just a quicker throttle response right?? I just got my registraton paper work today and the truck needs a smog :argh: so since im in CA I will have to smog it first before I do the rear cat delete??

Livin in CA if you like fast trucks/cars you need to have a smog guy. Its a must lol. If you lived in Orange county i could help ya out but judgin by your screen name im takin it you live in Santa Rosa lol

Livin in CA if you like fast trucks/cars you need to have a smog guy. Its a must lol. If you lived in Orange county i could help ya out but judgin by your screen name im takin it you live in Santa Rosa lol

Good guess im abot 40 mins away from SRin Napa :) I do know some one who does smogs ill have to hit him up, Iknow I could get away with the rear cat delete but Im pretty sure NPD and the CHP would nail me in a heart beat..

Good guess im abot 40 mins away from SRin Napa :) I do know some one who does smogs ill have to hit him up, Iknow I could get away with the rear cat delete but Im pretty sure NPD and the CHP would nail me in a heart beat..

Couple of my cars dont have any cats and ive had ZERO issues. Ive had hondas with no CATS for YEEEEARS lol and no issues ever. How likely is it for a chipper to look under your car lol. However i did have a cop pull up next to me in my truck one time and give me a weird look(my truck STINKS when it idles for a while) lol but yea if you just remove rear youll pass no problem so long as you got a buddy that will look past the visual part

My bad man, to me it was a waste of money. I have the small pulleys and a TB. Alot happier with that then the headers.

500$ where did you find those,, more like 2k ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back