help! my buddys gonna kill me

mr. anderson said:
not really, the fact that the ROE is not intercooled I would say SEVERELY limits it output, 5 lbs of boost on a 3.3L twinscrew blower(that's not even coming close in tapping the power possiblities of this monster!). I think that's why they limit it to 5 lbs of boost. had this been unit had a intercooler like the lightning I would say HP would have been increased at least 30-50 hp. after that, increased boost could easily be pushed up to 14-16lbs, easily. this would require production of an aftermarket crank pulley. but it would work. this would required forged internals with this much boost but it would be SICK!!

You know what I mean:D Twin screw supercharger with a twin screw,I know the ROE doesn't have an intercooler, I have one:rock: with meth/water injection kit on it. I was just egging Luke on,I recall Luke talking about the single turbo before.:p

Yellow venom said:
You know what I mean:D Twin screw supercharger with a twin screw,I know the ROE doesn't have an intercooler, I have one:rock: with meth/water injection kit on it. I was just egging Luke on,I recall Luke talking about the single turbo before.:p

You guys can run up to around 8 PSI with the Roe S/C and Meth injection, correct? 5 PSI without the Meth injection?

While he is sitting there smoking his tires trying to get the HP to the ground, you can roll past him easy. :D

Throttle Jockey said:
You guys can run up to around 8 PSI with the Roe S/C and Meth injection, correct? 5 PSI without the Meth injection?

The Roe doesnt have to have the meth at any PSI...it is just a safeguard against detonation (though not a guarantee) and a way of cooling the charge to get more HP..

Last edited:
A lot of misinformation about L's and twin screws here. Looks like Throttle Jockey and mr anderson cleared it up.

On a stock block, safe tune w/ supporting mods the Lightning will be in good shape.
bclark05 said:
He might leave quicker but he will run out of steam and you will go right on by.
Like jockey said, the twin screws pull on top unlike our stock eatons. His "steam" will run out when he runs out of gear in 3rd. No six speed for us. But i like it, we can get that power to the ground w/ the auto better off the line more consistently. Although ability to slap some drag radials on our stock 18's is what helps the most.

It's also interesting how some of you say mid 10's, 11's etc. It's all about pulley combo, tune, and that 60'. He could also be one of the ones who are in the high 12's to low 13's and keeping it safe. The tune is always crucial. No matter if you are tuning a stock block/pulley combo for a couple extra mph in the 1/4 or a full on built set up.

Good luck w/ everything luke. Make sure you get them races on video if yall do some roll races. I want to see how much he pulls. You have a very nice truck and whatever happens, it's all in fun :rock:

It pathetic a 2.6L blower on a 5.4L engine can max a 950 HP........A 3.3L blower on a 8.3L engine will make 705 LOL.

Buy a faster Lightning......................:)

Just 705? Which set up is that?

A 100 shot on a stock block/truck will prob push over 550rwhp eh?

UMMMM YEA KB Blowers are the SHIT :rock:

Lightning motor come forged stock and they can put down 650 RWHP stock easy

so yea it might be a ford but you should be very scared :D

Coley 1334 said:
UMMMM YEA KB Blowers are the SHIT :rock:

Lightning motor come forged stock and they can put down 650 RWHP stock easy

so yea it might be a ford but you should be very scared :D

Actually, the rods are the weak link in a stock block Lightning (powdered forged IIRC). 450-500 RWHP is generally regarded as the maximum "safe" HP with the stock internals, but even at this level IMO its not a matter of if but when you find yourself going built. I'm at the edge of that power threshold myself. I hope to go built in the future but I don't want to find myself forced into it prematurely when it will be a financial burden.

Yeah i'm with you on that one. My truck is running like crap right now after saturday's races. Hopefully she didnt blow but from what a lot of people are telling me, it's something simple. If it is, im gonna fix her up and continue to abuse her. If my engine is toast, im parking my truck and taking insurance/plates off. I refuse to put a stock block back in and waste my money. Gonna wait till i can go built.

RagunCajun said:
Just 705? Which set up is that?

A 100 shot on a stock block/truck will prob push over 550rwhp eh?

Roe Blower. 705 is great on the street though............... :) I'm only at 550

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back