Help needed; scoop grill removal

ghosritr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I looked everywhere; I even tried the search function and I can't find anything, so I'm asking.

How do you remove the stock hood scoop grill?

Thanks!

I used a box cutter to remove the grill from the tabs, then used a dremel to level it out. I used those plastic door edge things you can buy at any auto store to wrap around the plastic edge. If you need pics I will try to take some.

I screwed off the nuts that hold the grill in place. The tabs that the nuts screw on are easy to break. In fact I think I ended up breaking one or two, but I wasn't reusing the plastic grill so I didn't take much care.

Venom Power said:
I screwed off the nuts that hold the grill in place. The tabs that the nuts screw on are easy to break. In fact I think I ended up breaking one or two, but I wasn't reusing the plastic grill so I didn't take much care.

Ditto:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:

Venom Power said:

Where did you get the hood scoop grill?...:)

yep just wiggle that booger out. then PM me if you want a beautiful stainless steel grille to replace it ;)

TNVIPER said:
Where did you get the hood scoop grill?...:)

The hood scoop was custom made. It was first on slow91's red truck, then the truck was sold to z-man before it was totalled. I sport it now as sentimental value in memory of the old red rocket. May she rest in peace.:(

VTCoA051.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back