Help!!!NO Boost!!!!!

Flip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently added a Paxton SC with a Precision Air to Air Intercooler to my truck. While on the dyno, the truck is not getting any boost from ~3000-4700 rpm. It only gets 2-3 psi above that. Has anyone else experienced this? All of the piping appears to be sealed, the bypass valve is functioning properly....is this due to belt slippage? It has the factory crank pulley and the 2.85 SC pulley. This is driving me crazy....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Could be slippage, is the crank pinned?

Did you double check with a different gauge?

Yes, the crank is pinned. I'm sure if they used a different gauge, however the power output is way off....487RWP...I made that NA

Does it make any boost below 3000? And how much.

I know when I put my new engine in my other truck with an old powerdyne supercharger modded to make 13# I could only make 2-3# on the gauge. Now it's got a paxton 12# and makes about 9-10 on the gauge.

I can suggest making sure all clamps are tight, see if you can bypass the intercooler to see if you make boost. Maybe try a gatorback belt also. Post up a couple pics if you can so I can see how it's set up.

It does not make any boost below 3000 and it makes 2-3 psi above 4700.

it is either not getting enough air to pump or it is leaking somewhere big!!!

Either the Paxton itself is bad or like previously mentioned, there is a major leak somewhere.

Your loosing boost do to the air to air intercooler and all the extra charge pipe that is needed to make it work. You probably have 6-7 ft piping before the boost it gets to the motor, thats alot of air volume that your asking the Paxton to move on the stock pulley.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back